• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Have you bought lottery tickets for these massive payouts?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I normally don't play but what the heck. I'll pay $10 for a chance to win $1,600,000,000.

I drop a few hundred $ in local raffles each year. Normally to benefit the local fire departments.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I normally don't play but what the heck. I'll pay $10 for a chance to win $1,600,000,000.

I drop a few hundred $ in local raffles each year. Normally to benefit the local fire departments.

Same here!

$10 last week for a chance at the billion. Another $10 for Tuesday.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
nope, I can save my money and still lose

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Never. I give enough of my money to the government unwillingly. I see no desire to willingly give them more.

jwstewar

I normally don't play, but when it starts hitting these numbers, I'll drop a few bucks. I'll spend $9, then that evening I'll dream about what I could do if I won the money. Then the next morning, I'll get up and go to work as normal. Where else can I get an evening of entertainment for $9? And besides, I might just happen to win because at some point, someone will. Might as well have might my hat in the ring to try to win.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope. Only because I have not been in a store selling the tickets. Paying for gas at the pump saves me a few bucks since I don't go inside and impulsively donate to the lottery commision for a chance at winning mega bucks.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I normally don't play, but when it starts hitting these numbers, I'll drop a few bucks. I'll spend $9, then that evening I'll dream about what I could do if I won the money. Then the next morning, I'll get up and go to work as normal. Where else can I get an evening of entertainment for $9? And besides, I might just happen to win because at some point, someone will. Might as well have might my hat in the ring to try to win.
Exactly my thoughts. I do spend my evenings thinking about it. I'm a simple guy with simple needs so I'd have a hard time putting any kind of dent in that amount of coin.

I added up all my wants, needs, charities, family... and still would have a hard time spending $20M let alone $800M.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just my personal opinion. ......That kind of money (1 billion dollars) is crazy scary to even imagine. No matter how you handled it, more than likely it would cause internal family problems and problems with friends that feel slighted. It would change your life so drastically that it would be more of a curse than a blessing. All the sudden you don't have to work anymore, your kids don't have to work you can buy whatever you want an go where ever you want. I suppose it might be fun but I don't want those headaches.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
One of my favorite jokes is "The only lottery I ever won was the draft lottery". :yum::yum: Now, that is only a joke as back in '67 there was no draft lottery, just the draft. If you could stand on your own two feet and took a breath, you were selected. :th_lmao:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
647 million after taxes on a lump sum.
I've stated this on a boating site, so I'll have to do this if I win.
I'm going to buy a 64 million dollar marina, go broke in a few years, and then do it again 9 more times, and I'll still have 7 million to piss away!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, today I was in a store that sold mega million lottery tickets ... I now have 10 chances for tonight's drawing.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, today I was in a store that sold mega million lottery tickets ... I now have 10 chances for tonight's drawing.

My friend Tonda spent a bundle on tickets from a gas station in Delphos.
She's a big time gambler anyhow.
Jeff bought a few, Ty says what's the point Mom? If I won I'd become a different person entirely.
I'm with Ty, I would too.
I've lived as high as one can get, but also as low for a very brief period.
Knowing me, I'd give most of it away.
That said, it's time for a meme!
:yum:

FB_IMG_1540333867270.jpg

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got my 10 bucks in the pot. 3 tickets tonight, 2 tomorrow. The tomorrow jackpot is no slouch either.

I'm of the opinion that past 15 million or so, it doesn't matter.

One thing I would not do is stand in line for a ticket. At the grocery store tonight there were 30-40 people in the lottery line.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
One thing I would not do is stand in line for a ticket. At the grocery store tonight there were 30-40 people in the lottery line.

I stood in line behind a woman once waiting to pay for gas.
She stood there selecting scratch offs like you wouldn't believe.
In my final frustration after it was my turn, I muttered to the cashier.. what the hell does she think this is, Vegas?

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
With the odds against winning so remote I figure I would have about as good chance just finding the winning ticket that slipped out of someone's fingers.

With my luck if I won I would be so excited I would have a seizure fall and crack my head open.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, there was a winner last night for the Mega Millions. Ticket sold in SC.

I won $12 on my $10 chance.

Another chance tomorrow with PowerBall.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Bought tickets - didn't win. The only upset person is my teenage daughter who won't be able to buy her $200K Range Rover. Such is life.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yea, I quit browsing around YachtWorld after seeing I only won $12. :(
They do have some beautiful yachts in the 150-200' range.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
How to read your losing powerball ticket . . .

Attachments

• 6DA349DC-3AC8-4F39-92F1-C61E135C1B8B.jpeg
    6DA349DC-3AC8-4F39-92F1-C61E135C1B8B.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 58

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bought a house with my powerball money . . .

Attachments

• 1CCECCA3-0471-4FF2-AA85-6E60045BF947.jpeg
    1CCECCA3-0471-4FF2-AA85-6E60045BF947.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 61