• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tell me about this snow cat...trooper

berg

Long time lurker here..I saw this today in Utah and was interested to know about the drive system on this unit. Hydrostatic drive I assume. It looks so simple.
Diesel engine mated to a pump with two drive motors attached to the sprocket/cog rear mechanism.

Is this what most are using now and is it efficient?

What kind of speed can they attain?

what are the down sides?...

Who is CAMO... camoplast the mfg?

Just curious as hell...

Attachments

• trooper.jpg
    trooper.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 526
  • trooper2.jpg
    trooper2.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 467

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
I had a chance to drive on over a couple of days. Really loved the visibility,very quiet in the cab,plenty of power with the perkins,great flotation.I suddenly remembered how much the ski resort used to spent on a bad hydrostatic drive,and bought a tucker. But I loved that machine!

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Honestly, always loved the look and I think it would have been very functional...

Costs of repairs on any cat arent cheap, after all this isnt one of those "cheap" hobbies by any means to anyone...

Some try to drag along saving every penny to buy/support one, others buy whatever they like... and some guys in the middle just do both - and restore them (thats another story)...

I would buy one if I had the cash and the need for one, I think its a great machine (but no personal experience with it)

Good luck!