• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

j5 steering leavers prob

aaron89

adjusted my steering leavers a bit because they were down on my legs when trying to turn. left about 3-4 inches of play between the dash. when I pulled on the left one its like it popped and went back to the same position. turned the nut down again a small bit and same thing. anyone know what the problem could be.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
adjusted my steering leavers a bit because they were down on my legs when trying to turn. left about 3-4 inches of play between the dash. when I pulled on the left one its like it popped and went back to the same position. turned the nut down again a small bit and same thing. anyone know what the problem could be.

Check that the nut is not stripped and when you pull its not pulling over the threads. Otherwise you could have a broken band inside

aaron89

Went to haul the rest of my wood today, only have 3 loads left. When I hauled on the left lever it popped again and now comes down even further again. Gonna haul her home and check it out now the next day I can.

aaron89

Not stripped were the nut goes on on the top. But when I applied pressure it popped and lever fell down. Tightened again and snapped and leaver fell even further

IMP

Site Supporter
Sounds like the brake band bolt broke. Did you get the manuals other info I sent you? Look at the cut sheets to get a idea how things work. It's a pretty simple design.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-27-07-53-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-27-07-53-38.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot_2016-03-27-07-50-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-27-07-50-43.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 182

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Pretty sure it is stripped in the lower area where the nut contacts the bar. put a spacer or a couple more nuts on it to get to the good threads. If the band was broke the bolt wouldn't do anything at all.