• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cushman Trackster & Ice fishing?

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So you might of heard - if you followed - I finished the resto just in time for the start of the icefishing season in Cascades of Oregon.

Couple of weekends ago, I had the pleasure to take the owner of the Olallie Lake resort to the location (via 4x4) and we trailered the Trackster behind us, since there was no snow to play in yet.

While being there at the resort (which is closed for the winter), I drove it around the actual resort roads and onto the lake itself (atop the +14inches of ice).

Later the next week, the owner of the resort was contacted by "someone" and told that there was some "illegal" activity going on around the resort.

P.s. not sure how they came about it - saw me in person there, since there were people in the area driving by - or someone just saw my YouTube video of us being there...

These are the things listed to the owner as "illegal" activity on my behalf. :whistling:

1. Trespassing onto the resort property
2. Staying/Breaking into the cabin
3. Icefishing after the season closure of October 31, 2013
4. Illegally operating an ATV on top of the lake

So to answer the first 2 questions: owner's permission was given to us (since the actual owner was present there) LOL... that was a funny one probably when owner told the "contactee" that we had been authorized to be there.

to answer #3 - icefishing isnt illegal, since the Oct 31st closure in Oregon is only for most of the streams (rivers, etc) and NOT lakes.

to answer #4 - Forest Service called, guy on the phone says that there is nothing mentioned in Oregon LAWS about either it being OKAY or NOT okay to be on top of the frozen lake on an ATV or anything else for that matter...

===========

Anyone care to comment otherwise...???

I would hate to be doing something that I'm not supposed to be doing legally, and having all the fun while doing it...

Please advise, but be backing it up with facts please...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpGhkJeZrhI&feature=share&list=UUiTvqT1musPzdkZJT3OyHHg&index=1"]Winter Adventure Icefishing & ATV testing - YouTube[/ame]

p.s.s. Apparently, per what Forest Service personnel had said, even snowmobiles arent allowed on just ANY FSRoads, only on the ones marked on the map that they provide at their office (specifics to the Mt.Hood National Forest):hammer::hammer::hammer:

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
well, in my opinion, somebody must be darn jealous of your toy lol.

LOL, thats definitely been mentioned by the resort owner... LOL...

but honestly, state to state laws are so different, I'm always seeing how guys drive their quads on top of lakes, or even big trucks, and here I'm being accused of all this illegal activity, and Forest Service apparently saying they are monitoring my YouTube channel now...

Guess got to be REAL careful on what I post...

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
keep all those idiots down there I don't need tehm up here bitching about where I drive my snow cat. as far as frozen water check out my thread on the aircraft recovery this weekend that water was frozen too but because it was salt water the surface was kind of slushy for about the first 1/4 inch

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
keep all those idiots down there I don't need tehm up here bitching about where I drive my snow cat. as far as frozen water check out my thread on the aircraft recovery this weekend that water was frozen too but because it was salt water the surface was kind of slushy for about the first 1/4 inch

You are a bit more "secluded" versus Oregon...

Here its pretty hard to even fart sometimes without someone hearing ya!:yum:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think the rules are in the fishing regulations .If the lake is closed to all motors it applies to all year . I got kicked off on a snowmobile for ice fishing with it. no motors allowed or something like that.
jim

Cletis

Nikson, way I figure it, I apologize only to the great Lord and my wife!

Everyone else, well that's why we have middle fingers!

Cletis

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
It absolutely amazes and disgusts me how over-regulated and over-watched we, as Americans, have become.

To a great degree this country was founded on the principles of individual freedom(s) yet we have allowed so many to be taken away, and done nothing about it.

Some states are worse than others but the federal government has way over-reached as well.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think the rules are in the fishing regulations .If the lake is closed to all motors it applies to all year . I got kicked off on a snowmobile for ice fishing with it. no motors allowed or something like that.
jim

That lake specifically is "NO MOTORS" at all - electric or gas...

yet winter terms are a bit wierd in Oregon as the forest service said, since there is nothing in the books that talks about it being okay or not... :)

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nikson, way I figure it, I apologize only to the great Lord and my wife!

Everyone else, well that's why we have middle fingers!

Cletis

I'm with you on that part, yet when Forest Service starts to monitor your Youtube channel, and has you license plates / knows your name, than will probably send you a ticket for something you dont even know WHAT FOR... :)

Anyways, better be safe than sorry... :) :clap:

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It absolutely amazes and disgusts me how over-regulated and over-watched we, as Americans, have become.

To a great degree this country was founded on the principles of individual freedom(s) yet we have allowed so many to be taken away, and done nothing about it.

Some states are worse than others but the federal government has way over-reached as well.

I can only agree once again... so what are we gonna do about it?

When the revolution, and where does it start... LOL :):clap: