• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

UN FICKIN BELIEVABLE !!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I thought I was being really clever when I restored my Kristy KT7 . I put all the bells and whistles in her ,,,,,,,,including a custom designed theft proof system in case anyone tried to steal her . Only I know the how to override the system . 2 days ago I went head first down a flight of stairs and woke up to my wife shaking me .Really rocked my noodle .
You know where this is going .......... I cannot remember how to override the alarm system now !!!! Even my wife does not know the sequence to start it .
I have fuel , spark and timing but that SOB will not even burp!!!
The wiring looks like something out of a Nasa space ship . I hope I can sleep on it and remember .

The not so funny part is I can remember thinking when we installed it that "No way anyone can start this without knowing the right combination"
CRAP CRAP CRAP !!!:sad:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok so you don't remember. Birthdays social securtiy number phone numbers pass words surely you used some thing important to you that you would remember. Just have to remember what that important easy to remember thing is...:flowers:

Good luck, and I hope you prove boogie wrong....He thinks maybe next winter:flowers:

Regards, Kirk

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok so you don't remember. Birthdays social securtiy number phone numbers pass words surely you used some thing important to you that you would remember. Just have to remember what that important easy to remember thing is...:flowers:

Good luck, and I hope you prove boogie wrong....He thinks maybe next winter:flowers:

Regards, Kirk

Just got done going over the wiring diagram .... Of course nothing is shown on the theft system . Since I was posting so many pictures online during the restoration , I did not want that part shown .
Worst case is I will have to remove the engine wiring and override the whole system with a temporary system .....:sad::doh: Me and my stupid ideals!!!!

I remember diagraming the whole electrical system on the front of the upper cabinet door in my old shop as I built it . Then I painted over the door when I was done . I am sure I made a copy but i'll be damn if I can remember where I put it .

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know Big al I watched you start it once... But I believe it involved me catching you as you fell face first out the front door!! I am not sure though it could have been the back door?? I never can tell whether that thing is coming or going??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't know Big al I watched you start it once... But I believe it involved me catching you as you fell face first out the front door!! I am not sure though it could have been the back door?? I never can tell whether that thing is coming or going??

Drinking .... falling .... being saved by a smart ass ......priceless.

So unless you remember how I started it , why are you buggin me ????

This is serious!!! I got about 5000 wires running around in the engine compartment and I tied/wrapped it all up nice and neat , so now tracing wires is a major pain.

Shit ! I should have made it Battery powered ...........

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually I remember a super secret switch but you made me turn around....

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually I remember a super secret switch but you made me turn around....

There May be a power side of the coil wire "hidden switch" somewhere but that would be the first place I would bypass , if I were stealing it .
No, I got much more creative when I designed this one .

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
It's the switch marked "air horn". The last thing anyone stealing something wants to do, is use the air horn.

Before you just start trying things though, did you build in a self destruct system?

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Fuel, spark and timing present. How about compression? Best theft deterrent I've seen is a well hidden fuel shutoff valve. She'll start and run, just not very far.
Mike

Short bus

good luck try thinking over some times you remember starting it and if some one was watching and you had to be sneaky that might jar your memory.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Any chance you took a picture of the wiring diagram you drew on the door and simply did not post it here because it was secret?

As I've got older I've tried to get in the habit of documenting secret stuff and keeping it in a location known only to me. I didn't document the combo to my mini hand gun safe. I have the key so I can get into it but I cannot figure out how to reprogram the stewpid box. Wish I had documented that combo. :pat:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Any chance you took a picture of the wiring diagram you drew on the door and simply did not post it here because it was secret?

As I've got older I've tried to get in the habit of documenting secret stuff and keeping it in a location known only to me. I didn't document the combo to my mini hand gun safe. I have the key so I can get into it but I cannot figure out how to reprogram the stewpid box. Wish I had documented that combo. :pat:
Doc... if ya know who made it....contact them...give them the numbers they ask for and all will be well!!!:biggrin:

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't document the combo to my mini hand gun safe. I have the key so I can get into it but I cannot figure out how to reprogram the stewpid box. Wish I had documented that combo. :pat:

Doc, are those the handgun safes we bought from someone on this Forum? If so, I could probably locate my instructions and send a copy to you.

Bob

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

Well , I went to bed last night and dreamed about that stupid thing . I now remember that a hidden toggle switch I placed behind one of the front seats had to do with the alternate lighting system and not the starting system . At least that cancels out one thing .
Hell , I just noticed my portable Garmin GPS unit is gone too????? What the hell did I do with that ?? Its probably in a hunting jacket somewhere .

The unit does have a electric fuel shutoff for safety reasons , but it is working.

Crap , I will find it sooner or later . I had planned to take it into the John Deere dealership and have then run a couple test on the Hydrostatic drive system to see if top end power could be increased . Guess I'll try for next week .

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, are those the handgun safes we bought from someone on this Forum? If so, I could probably locate my instructions and send a copy to you.

Bob
Yep, one and the same. I cannot find my instructions and the web site for the company has instructions but not for the exact model we have. If it is not to much trouble to dig out your instructions I would sure appreciate it. :tiphat:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Well , I went to bed last night and dreamed about that stupid thing . I now remember that a hidden toggle switch I placed behind one of the front seats had to do with the alternate lighting system and not the starting system . At least that cancels out one thing .
Hell , I just noticed my portable Garmin GPS unit is gone too????? What the hell did I do with that ?? Its probably in a hunting jacket somewhere .

The unit does have a electric fuel shutoff for safety reasons , but it is working.

Crap , I will find it sooner or later . I had planned to take it into the John Deere dealership and have then run a couple test on the Hydrostatic drive system to see if top end power could be increased . Guess I'll try for next week .

Al, it sounds like you have what a lot of us old farts get: Sometimers, sometimes we remember and sometimes we don't!!
Mike

mattfidaho

did you retrace your steps? try falling down the stairs again to see if it will knock it back?
maybe see if you can fall up the stairs to reverse it?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you thought I was a comedian Allen these guys aren't any help either. I hate it when I have a brain fart.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Al, if the shut off is not working does it mean it's getting fuel all the time or the shut off is not getting power ? Most shut offs are normally closed .if it's not getting power then it would not get fuel?

Just trying to put on a softer shoe before I kick you again:wink:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK at first I thought this was a joke. as you mentioned you had spaark and fuel

If you have gas, spark, and compression..... and it is in time, it will run.

unless, You have a mouse nest in the exhaust or the intake.

Did you check the air in and air out avenues.
Mike

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Last resort: Having worked on a college campus for 30 years, I know that if you study drunk, you have to take the test drunk if you want to pass. So, while I know that Dr Rum, never wired the KT7 drunk, if he gets a load on, perhaps the 'muscle memory ' will take over and he can get it running. Of course that presumes he has someone there to watch him hit the secret switches...

R

Reddog

I'm with Mike. Unless you have a total air restriction, with fuel, spake and timing, it should run. Where do you have spark? At the coil, at the end of the coil wire? At the end of each sparkplug wire? And do you have fuel at the carb or at the plugs? I had a Wisconsin engine that had a fuel shutoff solenoid at the main jet, did you rig something like this? I had a GTO that I used to replace the coil wire with a piece of vacuum hose, nobody ever figured that one out....
Maybe try cranking it and giving it a shot of starting fluid to see if it will kick and run, then at least you know it is fuel.
Good luck and wear a helmet to bed...

R

Reddog

If I missed that, sorry for the confusion. Sounds like a full time solenoid in the system that is not energized...