• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chassis number on Bombardier B12

orven

Where can I find the chassis number on a Bombardier B12. I have problems with the registration papers, all old documents are missing...

the old trucker

Where can I find the chassis number on a Bombardier B12. I have problems with the registration papers, all old documents are missing...

The Identification tag is usually just inside the right side motor door on the upper right corner of the firewall. Similar to this one. There are a few people on northern tracks that can tell you the year by looking at the pics. Like location of the front heater, starter button on the floor, material used on the doors, etc. Post a few pics of inside & outside & I'll see what I can do to help you.

DSCF01891.jpg

orven

I found the identification plate, but it was inside the wagon, over the front window.
I`ll check out monday how to registrate it. There are so many strange rules here in Norway. If they say that it`s ok to drive with it, I`ll start restauring it!

Attachments

• DSC_0356.JPG
    DSC_0356.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,174

the old trucker

And here it is

Orven I can't pick out the year. I'd say between a 47-50. There is a group in Norway that have a dozen or so of these old bombers & they have a few videos of them. Check out Northern Tracks to view them. Maybe they may be able to help you in getting your machine registered.

If you need help email me @ popsshed@hotmail.com Only too glad to help.

the old trucker

The year is 1949
I have a paper manual for the 1949 b12cs model if you need a copy. There is a section in it about the old Chrysler flat head 6 (251) that they came with. A lot of people are now putting in a 300 Ford with a C6 trans.
What's in it now for a motor ?? Do it run ??

the old trucker

I have a manual, but i´m not sure if it has the section about the engine... I´ll check it out

If you need rims, you can buy them new for $300.00 each (cdn). My friend had his sand blasted & had to patch a couple of old valve holes & drill new ones.
They turned out great. His differential was leaking due to a poor silicone job.So it had to come out & be repaired.

New 4.50 x 16" smooth tires are $ 145.00 (cdn) If you have big trouble with your transmission, you can fit a four speed trans from an old Dodge power wagon. Bolts right up.
xx.gif

DSCF0244.jpg

DSCF0243.jpg

DSCF0252.jpg

DSCF0253.jpg

Nice job. Looks like new.
DSCF0245.jpg

DSCF0246.jpg

DSCF0254.jpg

designerb12

Sorry to butt in.... this is my first time on any forums... getting ready to take another CAD class... would like to know if anyone can help with some info designing a B12... would like to used all jeep parts, as far as the engine and transmission goes. How does the transaxle work, being the engine/transmission is facing backwards? Would I be able to turn the ring and pinion gear the opposite side and achieve the vehicle to go in the direction I want to go?