• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

track adjustment

Bait Guy

I have adjusted the track, but looking I'm wondering why there is no cover for the grease zerk. It doesn't make much sense to me that snow or mud or whatever can build up there. Is there a cap that should go on or is this something I can "dream up" myself?

rcc

Well, me again. nope, no covers. snow and mud does not do any harm. my J5 machines all have the older screw type and the BR100+ has the grease zerks. Never a problem, just have to clean them off to get at them. Nice with the older screw type they seldom need to be adjusted.

Bait Guy

Well you know, I had some track adjusters made that work on the "screw" method. I still dont understand why they (the makers) would put a grease zerk up on top and a shield around it (for protection) and it will collect everything. I had to use a screwdriver to clean this area up before greasing it. I made the screw type because I thought mine were "frozen" with years of rust, I did manage to get them out and loosen them up to be able to accept grease. While it was a two man job we did manage to get them out without removing tracks.