• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wheel guards (?)

Bait Guy

I am looking for at least 2 wheel guards (those things that keep from throwing a track) for my sw48. If there are no new ones does somebody have a used track that may sell me a couple of them?

rcc

What is the bolt size, 3/8 or 1/2. Do you have the original tracks with rubber insert. You can purchase these new also. In Ontario CA you can call Bruce at Inland Tracked Equip, Etobicoke, in USA call NM-Outdoors.
Let me know which size and I will see what I have.
You can also use a steel plate every second guard.

IMP

Site Supporter
I would like to know what you guys are talking about? You mean tire guides? If so there are 110 of those per track. Or do you mean a rail that runs front to back and hangs down off the tub fenders like a Bombardier muskeg?

rcc

Bait Guy... let me know what is the size of the bolts on your tracks... 3/8" or 1/2". On most SW48's they have steel crosslinks with rubber inserts. Thanks "the old trucker" yes, all we need to know is the bolt size, as most machines may have had the tracks changed! Look forward to seeing if we can help here.

Bait Guy

3/8" should be OK. I don't see any steel backer or anything other then rubber when looking at my tracks, so I believe either bolt size would work.

rcc

See attachment; I think you want the part that look like a "P" tire guide #3, 9 or 15. I think you have the 1/2" bolts size, it is important to get this right as the head of the this bolt hold the bolt from turning when you tighten it. 3/8 will not work with the 1/2 and 1/2 will not work with the 3/8".

Attachments

• Bombardier track components.pdf
    761.8 KB · Views: 116

Bait Guy

I am looking at it now and it seems to be #9. I tried to get a nut off with a various sizes of sockets with no avail. metric or sae dont work, seems they have been on too long and rusted very badly. The tire guides that will be replaced can be matched up either 3/8 or 1/2 because I have no metal holes to go through (although they could be drilled if necessary). My tracks are totally rubber with no metal except for the tire guides. I can only assume this must be a after market track. The rubber grousers are replaceable and I do have a source for them. My phone # is 507-213-1873 if you want to give me a call about prices.

rcc

Sorry I do not have any used parts for the newer sw48. You can get parts at a dealer for your machine.

the old trucker

Bait Guy is there any way you can post a couple of good clear pics of your track & the pieces you need ? They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

OT.

Bait Guy

Here is some pics

Attachments

• IMG_2707.jpg
    IMG_2707.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2709.jpg
    IMG_2709.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 108

rcc

Interesting track grousers. These look like 3/8" carriage bolts in them. How many of these "P" shaped guides do you need? I will have a look to see what I have when I get back to the cottage next week.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We did find some for him. Shipping Monday :clap: we actually have hundreds if not thousands of them on old tracks from parted out machines 113 on each machine

rcc

Thanks Boggie, I was pretty sure you would have some.
I am looking at rebuilding the tracks on another J5 I have been working on, I will email you what i may need.