• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac tavern lights

vintagebike

I'm looking for a pair of the Snow Trac high body side market lights or a few folks to go in on having some cast or turned. I also need an original Hella hour meter with the 60 minute hand. These are for #58029. McCall 2017

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lens elements could be lathe turned, but the base would have to be cast.

If they are like mine anyway. Are you sure about the Hella hour meter? I am pretty sure mine is original, with the 1 our sweep hand, but not Hella. German, and VDO I think.

Regards, Kirk

vintagebike

Yep VDO, you are correct. I have been on German webs for hours and my mind is clouded. I have two marker mounts but only one crazed and internally cracked lens. Going to a craft show tomorrow to see if I can find a guy that does plastic turning- saw him making pen bodies last year. McCall 2017

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep VDO, you are correct. I have been on German webs for hours and my mind is clouded. I have two marker mounts but only one crazed and internally cracked lens. Going to a craft show tomorrow to see if I can find a guy that does plastic turning- saw him making pen bodies last year. McCall 2017

Do you have the correct switch? I was of the understanding that this switch it VERY hard to find, and was a Porsche part as well. It has a red lens and light in the center of the top of the lever, at it's pivot. The head light switch has a blue light in it's center as well.

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

vintagebike

Yes, I have both of those. I had to look all over Europe for an unbroken, correct knob for the light switch. This little cat sat in a barn in Northern. California for 30-40 years and is still in incredible condition. But The tracks are dry rotted and will be quite the challenge to duplicate. Unfortunately the 1958 factory branded rebuilt 1200cc engine , not industrial, I have in my other one , 58057, is not repairable. So it looks like the 1600 will stay in 58029. McCall 2017

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
those blinkers ,switch ,gas heater and push button start don't stay for long.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
those blinkers ,switch ,gas heater and push button start don't stay for long.

Not sure what you mean by that Jim. Aparrently some stay for a very long time. My 62 has all of it, and it works to. Well except for the gas heater, some one took that out at some point.

Regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I run with the wrong group I guess. most that I see are missing.

vintagebike

I made the contact at the Roseberry arts & crafts fair. He says he can turn the Snow Trac marker lens from acrylic block on his lathe no problem in translucent orange. Between $25-$30 each plus shipping. I'm going to take one of mine down to Nampa , Idaho for his model. Let me know if anyone might want some?
McCall 2017

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you find the hour meter, count me in, I have been close a few times but "analog hour meter" seems to be my best search phrase but I never seem to find the one hour.

vintagebike

Same functions but about 30-40 years too new. I just found most of one at eBay.de.
PHP:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 205

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

:w00t2: YES!

What the heck... I tell yeah..... I search the heck out of Ebay and I can never find what I need. Ironically that is exactly what I was looking for.!!!!!!:w00t2:

An Example would be a eaton model 1100-059 Charge pump.. that is the most common eaton Hydro on the planet, I can't find a charge pump shaft to save my butt.... I give up and pay retail at a local hydraulic shop,($230) I get the mower fixed and Yep you guessed it a complete charge pump pops up for $30.... in a random search for another part. ( Yes I bought it out of spite )..

Back to the analog hour meter(s) PM me an address and I will send you a small token of appreciation for your finders fee.....

Thank you.