• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Broken ST 7021

NorCal

Hey Guys, I just got my new Dayco variator belt and needed to adjust my sheaves to get the belt on and while trying to adjust the bottom adjustment bolt I broke my ST 7021 (long threaded eyebolt that goes thru the compressed springs). Would anyone have a spare they would like to sell me? Next I gotta figure out how to get the broken stud out. I feel just sick to my stomach now.....
Thanks for any help,
Chris

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
they are easy to make. take the two parts to a welding shop.
jim

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bummer for you, I think good thoughts every time I reach in there with a wrench and hope all moves as it should....
seems it would be an easy part to recreate.

I have drilled out my share of broken bolts, have someone mill it out would be best.

My only advice is more corners you try to cut the harder it will be to repair correctly. Oddly I never listen to that advice myself. Im sure i would be in there with an angle drill and bloody knuckles and a mirror.

Mike

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Guys, I just got my new Dayco variator belt and needed to adjust my sheaves to get the belt on and while trying to adjust the bottom adjustment bolt I broke my ST 7021 (long threaded eyebolt that goes thru the compressed springs). Would anyone have a spare they would like to sell me? Next I gotta figure out how to get the broken stud out. I feel just sick to my stomach now.....
Thanks for any help,
Chris
drop me a pm with contact info I think I have one