• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 442 Hydraulic Clutch system Help.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking for some experience with the hydraulic clutch on my particular. 1968 442 with a 283 small block chevy and new process 435 4 speed transmission.

This is a factory setup.

Part numbers I have got so far on the castings are:
Master Clutch cylinder -55066
Slave cylinder on bell housing: 129ns.

I have a leak in the master so was thinking rebuilding replacing but am not finding much with those numbers.

Will look more and get some pics tonight.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Attached are the pics. Changed the fluid, vacuum bled the system, and made some linkage adjustments.

Seems to be much better but would like to locate rebuild kit or replacements for if it does have more issues.

Attachments

• IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0632.jpg
    IMG_0632.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0633.jpg
    IMG_0633.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 208

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
some times upgrading the system is easier than trying to repair the old, have you looked at aftermarket slave/master combos? or something off a newer truck to fabricate in to the old system? if you want to keep it stock i have had luck completely disassembling the slave and master cylinders, cleaning, slight hone, and massaging the cups then reassemble and bench test for leaks .

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I did see other aftermarket options. I guess as long as they have the same throw it will work.

griz01

I believe that both master and slave are off the old Dodge Power Wagons. Something like a 1962 Dodge WM300, almost ant parts house has them along with Rock Auto

Cletis

I'd guess a 5/8" possibly 3/4" Wilwood mastercylinder would work very well. I purchased one a couple months ago for $50. Should be a very simple replacement/ mod. I think the mc I bought says 1200psi on the case.

I've never researched a slave cylinder.

Cletis

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Finally found the replacement.

federal mogul wagner cm32839 is the part number. Slave is a chevy small block.