• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

THIOKOL 4T REGRISTRATION PAGE

socal4t12

Please use this thread if you have a THIOKOL 4T series cat. Enter your dash plate info (model, date manufactured, serial#, date shipped, ect). Please include a picture of your cat and or dash plate. In my searches, Im looking at finding out just how many 4T's are still out there, how the serial numbers were given out, and any non-stock mods that have been done. In the future, it would be nice to actually make a website that can be used as a real registration page. Spread the news to all those out there that still have these beasts lurking in their yards.

socal4t12

Mine:::::

THIOKOL TRACKMASTER
4t10
SERIAL# 183
MANUFACTURED 1961
DATE SHIPPED 1/5/62
CONTRACT# 40-604-11615
ENGINE...FORD 223
TRANNY..BORG WARNER T-87 3 speed
POWER DIVIDER
DANA 70 TWIN REAR AXLES

POSSIBLE USAF# AY618

see my photos in the gallery for more pics.

Attachments

• drivers side no paint.jpg
    drivers side no paint.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,517
  • tag plate.jpg
    tag plate.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,537

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:applause: GREAT IDEA. :tiphat:

I will make this page a "Sticky" page so it always stays near the top of the forum, it will be a nice resource for all you Thiokol owners who were unable to find and buy a vastly superior Snow Track (like mine!) :moon: But seriously, we have a bunch of Thiokol owners here and it will make a good way to gather information and maintain it in a simple spot for future reference.

I also made the Thiokol "600" registration page a "Sticky" thread so it will be near the top of the Forums list along with this one.

bkvail

http://www.geocities.com/snow_toaster

1961 Thiokol 4T trackmaster - tag on dash reads ''AX618'' - and that is the number we used to register it with DOL since it had no other tags.

Original color was the dark powder blue

there was no power divider in it when we bought it unfortunately - so some modifications were necessary -

Original 223 swapped for a Ford 300
Original tranny swapped for a Ford automatic
Original twin dana's swapped for diff from a 78 Bombardier model 250 (new ring/pinion which had to be flipped in order to get the correct rotation since there was no power divider) - looking for a brownie now to lower the gearing
snowcatyard.jpg

I also have done a custom Thiokol embroidery design that I can do on hats/shirts/bags - anything I can fit in my embroidery machine basically! These are some of the shirts I did for Black Diamond Custom Cats (I think they were in Michigan?).
BDCC.JPG

Brian and Karin Vail
Hamilton, WA

Last edited:

socal4t12

thiokol 4t4
Serial# 260
Wasilla, Alaska

Attachments

• 4t4 62 drivers.JPG
    4t4 62 drivers.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,402
  • 4t4 62 pass.JPG
    4t4 62 pass.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,378

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
mine:
Model- 4T2
Ser. 250
Eng. ser. no. 5675-615KB
Capacity 1800 Lbs.
Year of Manufacture 1962
Registration No.__________
Fsn. ___________
Insp stamp RMW
Shippping wt. 4410 Lbs.
Overall height 84 in.
Overall width 94 in.
Lenght 142 in.
warranty -3-

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
The black diamond 4T10 photo history (abbreviated). Power-divider (not-diff), based unit, of course. From $2,500 to $25,000! See other posts on the forum for other 'current state' photos.

Attachments

• Original_cat_001.jpg
    Original_cat_001.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,248
  • Original_cat_002.jpg
    Original_cat_002.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,262
  • Original_cat_003.jpg
    Original_cat_003.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,251
  • b464_12.jpg
    b464_12.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,253
  • BD_4T10_Stripped.jpg
    BD_4T10_Stripped.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,279

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Hot-Hot-Hot!!!
The dual-shafted (power-divider-powered) Trackmaster snow dragster! :thumb:

Attachments

• Trackmaster Front left.jpg
    Trackmaster Front left.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 1,266

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Another 4T10
Love the paint.

Attachments

• big_red.jpg
    big_red.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 1,284

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
One of the original model Trackmasters (4VL)
Luv those wood/metal 'composite' grousers.

Attachments

• snowcat01.jpg
    snowcat01.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 1,206

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Another 4T10
Plate registration data held private by owner

Attachments

• RightFront.jpg
    RightFront.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,240

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
A 4T2
Registration plate data held private by owner

Attachments

• Thiok_Sml.jpg
    Thiok_Sml.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,261

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
What's the deal with all the private dataplate stuff? It's not like you can get their address or credit card info from it. :confused:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
...and yet another... the yin of the yan of the Ghost I missed

Attachments

• Th 4T10 Mil.jpg
    Th 4T10 Mil.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 1,223

tomelroy

My first 4t10!
Just rolled in today at 1:00 AM. ~600 miles journey on the bus, bus was included in the deal.
1962 4T10
shipped 2-2-62
SSNz1q_N

_k-zdA

table%3E

table%3E

Attachments

• 4t10 on bus.JPG
    4t10 on bus.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 999
  • 4T10 data plate.JPG
    4T10 data plate.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 995
  • 4t10 interior.JPG
    4t10 interior.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 967

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Very cool. I was chatting to a guy for a while about one that was described just like this... he had restored it and donated it to the gov't but he had said it was a 601 and he knew cats...man, I was after him for MONTHS on that one then gave up when they decided to keep it but maybe they flip-flopped... maybe just a coincidence! Very nice setup... BUS INCLUDED! Wow.

Ahh.. nope... just modifying my post... found this one you just bought. Colorado. Different guy. Cool find though! I can breath well as that 601 is still out there calling...

Last edited:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Just saw that rig for sale at SafetyOne. Almost went for it, but I would rather have a 601. No more 601s for Painer Mainer! :hammer:

:poke:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
ok, ok. I need to have one 4T4 and maybe some more 602's... but any 601's I'll forward. I may be all done as well... who knows. Focus is a 4T4 but I should just stop now. But, with that said, I reserve the right to grab 4T10's though given some folks don't like them due to maintenance, blah, blah, and they can be more reasonably priced so I can beef up the numbers...and they have the unique personality with the power divider... infrastructure only an enthusiast can luv. LOL.

ps... I saw it somewhere else ... I believe he didn't pick it up at safety one ???

Last edited:

tomelroy

Just saw that rig for sale at SafetyOne. Almost went for it, but I would rather have a 601. No more 601s for Painer Mainer! :hammer:

:poke:

The guy i got if from must have had it on consignment, but i did not get it from safteyone. But i did call them for fun, they said they wanted 12k for it...what a deal!

bkvail

The guy i got if from must have had it on consignment, but i did not get it from safteyone. But i did call them for fun, they said they wanted 12k for it...what a deal!

LOL - mind asking what you DID pay for it? I imagine quite a bit less than $12K......

tomelroy

yes, Monte Vista and that pic is in the same field were were test driving it in.... It was parked behind a barn and some out buildings..well hidden. I found it for sale when i typed 4t10 on a google search. It was close enough for me to consider and so I hired a pilot to fly me and my buddy out to look it over. We knew about the bus so if we liked it we drove home.... if not we flew back. 2 hour in a plane 14 hours in a bus!

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
yup... here are the remnants...
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...14&b=4023+trackmaster+4t10&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5

so close and yet so far... ;)
But then again...Bob has a 4T10 just sitting around ITCHING for him to buy it... but he won't! Grrrrrr! 8(

Found it couple nights ago...pre-safetyone ...but of course...that was TOOOOOOOOO late! LOL

With that being said... it shows how safety one operates. They did the same thing with that spryte not long ago... took it in, blasted it with paint (right over the lettering), and tossed it up for something ridiculous more.

On the 1450 on eBay right now... someone posed a question..."What would one of these go for.." the answer came ... new $100-140K... of course that did not answer the question.

Anyway, safetyone is awesome and unparalleled for safety courses, etc... but their machines are pricey and from what folks have consistently told me...they take them in and resell them w/o any work. They've not been to active over the last 12-18 months...having this Trackmaster is surprising...but it was nearby so I think that's how it happened.

The bus combo thing is just TOOOOOOOOOOOO cool.

Last edited: