• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What Brower is faster on FF?

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
IE is VERY slow when I go on FF. Firefox.... no problems! POOF! Everything pops up. IE7....... sometimes it takes 15-20 seconds for a page to come up.

Anyone else have the same thing going?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
IE is VERY slow when I go on FF. Firefox.... no problems! POOF! Everything pops up. IE7....... sometimes it takes 15-20 seconds for a page to come up.

I never use IE to log on here.
Firefox rocks.
BTW, I upgraded to IE8 to log into Yahoo mail.. shutdowns, errors at times:hammer:.. the other night my window minimized and went to the left side of my monitor!!! grrrrrrrr
What the hey??

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

Yup and something else. When I open some of the threads that you start, not all of them, I get logged off on IE7. It also happens with a few others and the same with Rangerdave(?) on NTT. Firefox ... not a problem.

garygaboury

I'm running IE8 Beta with 80% success here.. I've never had a speed issue it is blazing fast for me. I do get logged out quite often, some nights 2-3 times... Sometimes no log outs for a week...

Gary

eggshell_vendeta

i tweaked my Firefox, everything loads instantly. I tried ie8 it's junk just like every version of IE. my firefox beats out opera, Firefox 3, "Chrome" <- is nothing more than IE even the logo for it is just the microsoft logo in ball form. pretty much, if you know how to tweak it, firefox is the faster browser on earth.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
"Chrome" <- is nothing more than IE even the logo for it is just the microsoft logo in ball form.

Chrome has nothing to do with IE. I've browsed through the source code for Chrome, you can't get that for IE. Chrome is closely related to Apple Safari, not IE.

eggshell_vendeta

run them through a user agent scanning software that was out before chrome, it comes up as IE lol. (wow i found this at the perfect time lol)
20080919_google_vs_microsoft.jpg

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
It would make sense that a new browser would be set to identify itself to a webserver as MSIE or Mozilla until the web catches up with the new product. This is usually a configurable variable somewhere in the browser that is typically used to tell the webserver how to, or if it even can, present content to the browser. This wasn't a big deal until MS started busting all of the standards (like Java).

I still say 'lynx' is the fastest FF browser on this planet! The 'bobcat' browser may be faster, but I haven't tried it on FF.

Attachments

• lynx3.JPG
    lynx3.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I had problems with my server provider today and a courier pigeon would have been a worthy alternative :yum::yum::yum:

Firefox 3 all the way for me:thumb:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

Sushi, you just need to slow down and not post so much :mrgreen:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
How do you know these things? :ermm::huh::ohmy:

It would make sense that a new browser would be set to identify itself to a webserver as MSIE or Mozilla until the web catches up with the new product. This is usually a configurable variable somewhere in the browser that is typically used to tell the webserver how to, or if it even can, present content to the browser. This wasn't a big deal until MS started busting all of the standards (like Java).

I still say 'lynx' is the fastest FF browser on this planet! The 'bobcat' browser may be faster, but I haven't tried it on FF.

Sushi, you just need to slow down and not post so much :mrgreen:

Youre just jealous cause I have more posts :rolleyes: :raz: :poke:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Firefox does seem a little faster on FF. It is a lot better on newspaper pages such as the Orlando paper and the local paper.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Firefox has always been faster for me than any version of IE. I never use IE anymore.

eggshell_vendeta

Lols a text only browser would be faster i suppose, but we're talking about something that isn't for the blind :p.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Lols a text only browser would be faster i suppose, but we're talking about something that isn't for the blind :p.

Negative. What's the title of the thread?

What Brower is faster on FF?

If that happens to be a text-only browser, so be it.

:mrgreen:

Sometimes older is better.

Ham code keyers send messages way faster than cellular SMS kiddies.
When we get hit by the big EMP, '57 Chevys will rule the road.
Lynx smokes all the new-fangled browsers.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Decided to download firefox 3 on the laptop to give it a try. Been using IE since, well, forever. It works good on the desktop and rarely gives me any errors. Different story with the laptop. Many times, I've come close to throwing it across the room due to frustration. So I figured I'll give it a try to see if it improves the performance.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Update already...

WOW!!!! I'm sold! Been cursing this laptop for the past 3 yrs for it being too slow. What a difference firefox makes. I love it so far.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have Firefox loaded on the laptop that the wife uses. But she insists on using IE6 and bitches about how it locks up and is too slow. I just shake my head and say Firefox and walk away. For some reason she still won't use it.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Take it to the next level!

Adblock Plus helps Firefox run clean and fast. It omits the dancing mortgage offers etc that delay loading the page you intend to see.

They have updates that already know which ads are obnoxious, plus you can kill anything on the page you don't want to load next time.

Highly recommended.

Example: ABP killed everything in the right column of this page (Yahoo News - Comics) between 'search' and that lower comics.com logo.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll have to play around with firefox for a bit to get everything running up to par but so far, it's a 100% imrpovement for the laptop. In the middle of installing it on the desktop right now.