• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BREAKING: Michael Cohen’s Mystery Third Client Revealed — It’s Sean Hannity

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
BREAKING: Michael Cohen’s Mystery Third Client Revealed — It’s Sean Hannity
Posted at 3:32 pm on April 16, 2018 by Sarah Rumpf

https://www.redstate.com/sarah-rump...s-mystery-third-client-revealed-sean-hannity/

Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, has another high-profile client: Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity.

The information was revealed during a federal court hearing in New York City a short while ago, according to the Wall Street Journal.

They’re in court, of course, because Cohen and his attorneys are attempting to block the FBI from reviewing the documents, electronic records, and other evidence that were seized last week from Cohen’s office, home, and hotel room.

Cohen’s attorneys sought to protect this evidence by claiming a broad attorney-client privilege over all of them, but as my colleague Patterico has pointed out, merely being an attorney is not enough to claim the protection of the privilege.

Cohen has further troubles because he has claimed publicly that the $130,000 payoff to Stormy Daniels, reportedly to obtain her silence regarding an alleged affair with Trump, was done without Trump’s knowledge.

There can be no attorney-client privilege if the claimed “client” was unaware of the attorney’s activity. Cohen and Trump, by their own public comments, have made it far more difficult to claim this protection over records related to the president.

Cohen’s attorneys also sought to protect the evidence by claiming he represented a mysterious third client, who had not made any comments publicly and therefore should be protected. This person was a “publicly prominent individual,” said Cohen’s attorney, and they argued they should not have to disclose the name.

Without getting too far into the legal weeds here, there was some arguing back and forth from the federal prosecutors, Cohen’s attorneys, and Robert Balin, an attorney representing the interests of several media outlets. Long story short, there is a public right to know certain information (see Vignelli v. U.S. for some discussion) and that outweighed an individual’s right to privacy.

“I understand that he doesn’t want his name out there, but that’s not enough under the law,” ruled Judge Kimba Wood.

“The client’s name is Sean Hannity,” stated Cohen’s attorney.

We learned just a few days ago that Cohen had also served as the attorney for Elliot Broidy, who resigned from his position as the deputy finance chair for the Republican National Committee after it was reported that Broidy had paid a $1.6 million settlement to a Playboy model with whom he had an extramarital affair. The woman became pregnant and had an abortion. Cohen negotiated the settlement agreement and payment.

Questions are obviously being raised now about what Cohen’s relationship with Hannity entailed — especially since Hannity has been such a vocal defender of Trump and critic of the FBI and prosecutors in this matter.

Then there’s this, just reported by CNN’s Gloria Borger, claiming that Hannity “did not get billed” and “there was no formal attorney client relationship.”

You know what else voids an attorney-client privilege? When the client himself discloses the information. If Hannity had anything that he discussed with Cohen that he wants to hide, he may find that he has caused himself similar problems as Trump and Cohen.

Loose lips sink ships, American propaganda posters warned our troops during WWII. Will loose lips sink a White House, or a Fox News host? We shall see.

UPDATE: On his radio show today, Hannity acknowledged he had occasionally called Cohen to ask legal questions, but did not have a formal retainer agreement.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder,........................ IF,.............. the third person had been CLINTON, would the Judge have ruled the same.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hannity Responds to News He Was Michael Cohen's Client
Cortney O'Brien|Posted: Apr 16, 2018 6:40 PM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortn...to-news-he-was-michael-cohens-client-n2471508

Fox News host Sean Hannity was revealed as having been a client of President Trump's personal lawyer Michael Cohen during the latter's court hearing Monday. Cohen was appearing in a Manhattan courtroom just days after the FBI raided both his home and office as part of their criminal probe.

Hannity responded on his radio show, noting that the headline was a big nothing burger. Hannity has known Cohen for a long time and has sought his legal advice from time to time, but "not one" of those issues involved a matter between him and a third party.

Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.
I assumed those conversations were confidential, but to be absolutely clear they never involved any matter between me and a third-party.

In response to some wild speculation, let me make clear that I did not ask Michael Cohen to bring this proceeding on my behalf, I have no personal interest in this proceeding, and, in fact, asked that my de minimis discussions with Michael Cohen, which dealt almost exclusively about real estate, not be made a part of this proceeding.

"How did this blow up to be such a big deal?" Hannity asked.

He predicted that the media is under the impression Cohen must have done "a big settlement case" for him.

Hannity's Fox colleague Juan Williams noted on "The Five" that perhaps he should have revealed his relationship with Cohen sooner.

At today's hearing, Judge Kimba Wood told prosecutors they needed to turn over the documents they seized from Cohen's home and office to his legal team so they can determine how much of it is protected under attorney-client privilege.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Hannity Responds to News He Was Michael Cohen's Client.

Cortney O'Brien|Posted: Apr 16, 2018 6:40 PM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortn...to-news-he-was-michael-cohens-client-n2471508

Fox News host Sean Hannity was revealed as having been a client of President Trump's personal lawyer Michael Cohen during the latter's court hearing Monday. Cohen was appearing in a Manhattan courtroom just days after the FBI raided both his home and office as part of their criminal probe.

Hannity responded on his radio show, noting that the headline was a big nothing burger. Hannity has known Cohen for a long time and has sought his legal advice from time to time, but "not one" of those issues involved a matter between him and a third party.

"How did this blow up to be such a big deal?" Hannity asked.

He predicted that the media is under the impression Cohen must have done "a big settlement case" for him.

Hannity's Fox colleague Juan Williams noted on "The Five" that perhaps he should have revealed his relationship with Cohen sooner.
Since when is it illegal to have a lawyer or be a lawyer for someone? So why in deed is it a big deal?

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
CNN will ride this forever simply because Hannity has been on their asses for a long time!!
Mike