• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1/8th" of snow ... cars are already in the ditches

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
UNBELIEVABLE

We've had warm weather that turned to sub-freezing temps over the past 48 hours, and now we've had light flurries (seriously just an 1/8th of 1 inch) and people are already ended up flipping their cars and/or sliding them off the roadway.

Seriously WTF is the matter with these drivers.

Guess its time for these folks to stock up on white bread, milk and eggs because the snowpocalyps is upon us :ermm:

Heaven help them when real snow starts to fall if they can't manage to drive now.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Haven't seen that here... yet. I'm traveling this weekend, starting around Pittsburgh the travel up through W. NY and Buffalo and ending in Rochester. I'll be hitting the major snow belt areas for Lake Erie and Lake Ontario so I figure I'll be seeing what you're seeing now.

I just checked W. NY and they're about to get hit with 2" per hour starting now.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I just checked W. NY and they're about to get hit with 2" per hour starting now.

We are supposed to get a total 2" over the next 18 hours. Heaven help these idiot drivers we have here.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Survival of the fittest.
We have 1" coming here. It will be a madhouse on the roads.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Happens here all the time. We have 9 months of winter and 3 months of lousy skiing and they still go off the road in droves.

It all boils down to the fact that people just don't slow down during adverse weather conditions, be it ice, snow or hydroplaning. They all have these SUV's or Crossovers and think they can drive like it is the 4th of July. :laugh3:

PJL

Wanna see some funny stuff? Go to youtube and search Seattle snow. Have a lot of popcorn handy.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
The other morning we had .12th of an inch here in Phoenix and it was a Gully Washer!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We laugh at all the yuppies from southern Ontario up here. Anything more than an inch of snow and our ditches are littered with vehicles from down there. Usually transports driven by east indian drivers are jacknifed at the first sign of snow.

undy

Can't wait until we see more self-driving vehicles out there. That will solve our problems...:whistling:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't realize that all you guys lived in Texas. :yum:

1" of snow down here and I stay home. There's no sense in letting some idiot try to kill you. The attitude seems to be that, "I did 70 mph on this road yesterday and dammit, I'm going to do 70 mph on it today" .... at least for a short while.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I guess this explains why the tinfoil hat wearers changed their agenda from global warming to climate change. Makes it easier to explain away!!
Mike

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have a modest storm moving in tonight, 6 to 8 inches.

The good news is our school bus won't drive through "lake effect" snow squalls so I get the weekend off of coaching and our fencing team won't be competing tomorrow because the tournament is located at a school that is in the heart of the Lake Michigan 'snow belt' and a storm is due to hit tonight and end tomorrow afternoon.