• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good news that it's not corona bologna.

It sounds like you will be missed at work but she's not concerned about your wellbeing. I'm sure if the same person was sick, she would expect, "Awe! Poor baby! You take care of yourself," when calling in.
Aside from that Lenny, I had to get re-tested at 1pm this afternoon.
Why? Just to be safe.
This time it hurt.
This time it was a nylon fiber type swab, way up in my nasal passages.
So now I have to wait 24hrs- 3 or 4 days for the result.
And I can't go anywhere.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Had a final follow up visit with my eye doctor after the cataract surgeries June 4th and 16th. He says I now have 20-20 vision and wants to see me in a year. YAY!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Heading out with my neighbor on an overnight fishing trip. We're driving an hour and a half west of here and staying at his wife's family trap line in a cabin in the woods.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Another day of being an un-masked prisoner! Lol
No test results back yet.
I'll be surprised if I do hear anything before next week.
Last covid test took about a week, and the labs are being hammered right now because our county is now in the red zone amongst many others.
Until then, I can't go back to work and I'm on the schedule for tomorrow as a pick up.
So it's movies and social media again.
Right now this feels like a URI, mostly sinus.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
P_G, I'm sorry you're still feeling miserable. I too hate getting a cold or flu cuz it can't be fixed with a hammer or saw! I hope you get better quickly and the test results come back soon and in your favor.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Going 150 miles north again today to look at more homes and a condo to possibly buy. I'm not in a hurry so I can be picky.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
same here 30% unemployment and can't find anyone willing to work.
A major part of the problem working mom's who cannot work because their kids are out of school.

Back I the 60'-70's women burned their bras and insisted on being worthwhile individuals by abandoning the occupation of Parenting ( the most important job in the world) and becoming worker bees. Given all the issues with the offspring of those mom's, I want to ask them if they now feel fulfilled.:hammer:
But I digress.

Once the schools re-open a lot of help will be looking for work. I already have 3 confirmed hires eagerly anticipating the day they can abandon their children to the "system" and fulfill their dreams of being a faceless cog in the wheels of our economy.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not today, but tomorrow should be an interesting day.

Cedar Lake, a town about 8 or 9 miles N.E. of my home, pretty much a hillbilly reputation that has some upscale homes/condos along a portion of the lakeshore, will likely have an excessive police presence during the next 48 hours. Not sure how many people live in Cedar Lake, but I suspect it is maybe 5-6,000 residents.

1: Trump rally/boat parade
2: funeral/memorial motorcycle ride for a former 1% (hells angels)
3: BLM has claimed a protest of the trump parade

Trumper's, biker gang and BLM in Cedar Lake tomorrow, should be on pay per view :bolt:

For whatever its worth, I don't plan to ride up there tomorrow. Probably just a "car" day even if the weather is good. I don't go into that town too often anyway, but tomorrow I'll do my best to just stay away.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
:th_lmao:

Women were told their efforts at home were demeaning because they did it for love and duty, not money. So we convinced them they had no worth because their noble efforts created no money.

In other words money equates to self esteem.

More money means better life styles.
More salaries meant more income taxes.
Gubmit wins
Our progeny loses

The proof is found in the product which is now rioting and burning our cities.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My ADON just informed me that my second covid test was negative, per the hospital lab report.
I knew it would be.
:thumbup:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Thanks Jim.
So I'm back to work tomorrow. :clap:
I had picked up anyway, but she cut a deal with me.
If I work tomorrow 10a-6p only, then I can come back in Sunday 6p-10p.
That takes me off mandation as well and is considered make up for calling in sick on Wednesday.
Since Henry County is now in the red, we've had to cancel the white tent family visits.
I cannot wait until this is OVER.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Going 150 miles north again today to look at more homes and a condo to possibly buy. I'm not in a hurry so I can be picky.

Besides that, I must tell you that my Facebook timeline has been dead without your usual posts.
Your jail time is going on too long.
:smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went on a fun adventure yesterday. 45 minutes by highway and another 45 minutes down an abandoned rail line to a trappers cabin where we went fishing at a nearby lake. Home by 1:30 today and on the road repacked for camp shortly after 4.

Building an outdoor shower tomorrow. If things go good I'll be done Tuesday afternoon.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't have too bad a day.
It seemed to drag though.

I'm going to bed early to snuggle under the quilt and binge watch old shows on Airy.Tv

:smile:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I had 4 winning lottery numbers. Unfortunately they were not on the same ticket. LOL

I'm going to the gym in a few minutes. This afternoon I'm going to Barley's Bar in Council Bluffs for a Trump gathering for the upcoming election to see who wants to volunteer for what....phone calls, distributing signs, etc. The organizer is a young lady who works for President Trump is a Veteran and a gun nut, so it should all go well.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I had 4 winning lottery numbers. Unfortunately they were not on the same ticket. LOL

I'm going to the gym in a few minutes. This afternoon I'm going to Barley's Bar in Council Bluffs for a Trump gathering for the upcoming election to see who wants to volunteer for what....phone calls, distributing signs, etc. The organizer is a young lady who works for President Trump is a Veteran and a gun nut, so it should all go well.

Sounds like our kind of person!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I stayed up until after 1am watching old episodes of Leave It To Beaver and All In The Family.
Talk about comparing those times to now!
Wally threatened to clean Eddie Haskell's clock because he made Beave rip his new suit, then George Jefferson called Archie a Honky and said the N word concerning Edith getting a job at the cleaners. Lol

Going to work this evening for 4 hours.
Not staying any longer than that.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bringing Dasha home from Boston.

14 hour drive

Attachments

• DDD6280C-109D-4D19-A6E6-14B3EA61F6CE.jpeg
    DDD6280C-109D-4D19-A6E6-14B3EA61F6CE.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 51

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I stayed up until after 1am watching old episodes of Leave It To Beaver and All In The Family.
Talk about comparing those times to now!
Wally threatened to clean Eddie Haskell's clock because he made Beave rip his new suit, then George Jefferson called Archie a Honky and said the N word concerning Edith getting a job at the cleaners. Lol

Going to work this evening for 4 hours.
Not staying any longer than that.

It was sure nice to enjoy good humor before the news medias and liberals taught people to be offended.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Sounds like our kind of person!

I was a member of the Minuteman when they were active, I started up the Council Bluffs Tea Party on Facebook (not very active now) and I am very involved in the county and state GOPs. Since I'm retired I can be a full time pain in the ass to liberals.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Jim.
So I'm back to work tomorrow. :clap:
I had picked up anyway, but she cut a deal with me.
If I work tomorrow 10a-6p only, then I can come back in Sunday 6p-10p.
That takes me off mandation as well and is considered make up for calling in sick on Wednesday.
Since Henry County is now in the red, we've had to cancel the white tent family visits.
I cannot wait until this is OVER.
It will be over. They scheduled it for November third . Depending on the outcome, they reserve the right to an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.