• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We have spent the entire day trying to install new tooling for the paper spoon project. Should be a 0one hour exchange but everything was busted, seized or wrong. Customer is here early Tuesday Morning. As of now 4:00 PM, we got nuthin'. It's not looking good.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy Doc,
we call those banana spiders. They eat so many flies, wasps, and other unwelcome critters. I have them all around my house and try not to harm them. They are harmless and not poisonus. Good friend on the outside to help with control of unfriendly bugs. Have a goodun!!!!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Marty,

Can you blow(with your mouth) and get any water flow?

It may well be the shower valve which has a temp equalizer in it. That might need some pressure to work.

I used separate hot and cold valves to get mine to work on low gravity pressure. My tank in only ten feet above the valves.
The toilet is the old style float shutoff which works well under low pressure. Takes a minute or so to recharge the tank.

Also;
A 12 volt RV pressure pump works well and can be easily powered by a small solar cell and a car battery.

Hi Franc, This is the pressure right outside the door, it still had some air in it on the video but the pressure is as good as at home but I know it is a water level thing too. the tank is as high as the cabin roof. It does seem like the valve has something to do with it when turned to hot that is not hooked up water did not come from the mixer valve or go up to the shower head when I plugged it or blew into it. I could test it by running a piece of PEX directly to the shower head bypassing the mixer to see if it comes out but did not think of that while I was there. I found a 1/2 hp. jet pump for $150.00 I think I will buy it take it there but if I can get it to work without it I can return. The only other thing I can think of would be viscosity loss going through all of the bends and fittings but you would think it would reach the level of the water tank after some time like a water level but it never happened. I think I will take my transit level on the next trip just to prove that the tank is as high as I think it is. Thanks for the help. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0011.MOV
    666.6 KB · Views: 40

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Howdy Lollie,
you hang in there gal!!!! In a week or so you will look back on the set backs and laugh!!! Best wishes for ya!!!!!!!

I'm smiling right now.

:smile:

Whew, what a day.

20190916_205556(0)-768x768.jpg

20190916_205620-768x768.jpg

20190916_213204-768x768.jpg

Here's what I can share so far.

Like I said, camping on the floor tonight.
It's comfy! Lol

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Jim.
I had the central air blasting in here.
The shower curtain and towels were billowing from the force of the air coming out.

Soon, I'll have it looking like HOME.

Aimee was pissed when I told her, this is it, good bye and good luck.
Why wouldn't she be happy for me?

I let people get to me.
I'm too nice.
I'm also freaking exhausted.
Lol

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll 2nd that Lollie. Slow but sure it will all come together.

So I mowed the grass today. It needed it bad after being ignored for 10+ days due to our trip out west. So I round a tree and come eyeball to eyeball with this guy. A huge garden spider. Got my attention and I got out of there quick. Next trip by the tree I got out my camera and took a couple pics.
That's a "Golden Orb" spider. Also called a "Banana" or a "Wood" spider.

Their webs are beautiful and glow goldening direct sunlight. They eat lots of flying insects. Good to have around.

Having the same type venom as the Black Widow but very much weaker, they do bite and it can be an annoying wound but never lethal.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like things are coming together for you.

Today is kind of a busy day but feels like I got nothing done. I made a trip to te city this morning looking for materials to build a glass block wall between the bathroom and our bedroom. Let's just say that when the previous owner built the house, he didn't quite plan on privacy in the master bedroom. First, there's a see through gas fireplace in the living room that allows you to see into the bedroom. A fireplace screen took care of that. Second is if you are laying in bed, you can see right into the bathroom watching someone drop a log in the toilet. An opaque glass block wall will take care of that.

I dropped the ATV off last week to get the back brakes repaired so I checked on that. I also went to check on the roof for the boat. They ordered it in may and it's still not in.

I dropped off the flat deck trailer yesterday to get repaired. I had new springs installed a couple weeks ago. The new ones were binding up where they fasten to the frame. So they're fixing it.

I also mowed the lawn for probably the last time.

7eac2b6cfa01e444335329cd956cb464.jpg
0eb76dfd7db421066074b6bc250c98f4.jpg
4353836d42c52b0f2d672b46236c83a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Working today, I may stay until 2am if they need my help.
I'm basically on the rehab unit now because I'm damn good at speedy admissions.
Yesterday we got two back to back with a re-admit right before shift change.

Everything is falling into place with the new nest.:smile:
The kids want to come on Sunday for an official house warming.
What do you need Mom?
Not a thing!
The red couch is coming tomorrow.
George's furniture place here in town are going to be very happy with my business.
Lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Glad it's coming together for you.

I've been on the go since 6AM. Physio this morning then a trip to home depot for some treated lumber to build new sides for the utility trailer. Went for lunch with the lovely missus. Built the sides for the trailer. Going out this evening with the missus for dinner and cards at a friend's house.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, I got the replacement motor for my 4X4 home the other day so this morning early I pulled the pan and found a very thick sludge at the bottom, when you rub it between your fingers it feels like valve lapping compound, I pulled a rod cap and you could see the backing material under the babet plus there is 10 degrees pf slack in the timing chain. Called and they will pick it up and drop another for inspection. Im only going to do this a couple times then refund. It was suppose to be a 60k motor, the only way there was 60k on it would be if it never had the oil changed and was all city driving. Marty

Hi all, this one should go to the rants and raves but its what I am doing today. The second motor showed up last night at 6 30 pm it was suppose to show up Monday then yesterday at 3 pm then 4 pm then all the way to 6 30pm. It showed up on a stake bed that would not fit in the garage driven by a woman that was zero help so it took me an hour with a cherry picker in the gravel. This morning first thing noticed after I got it on a stand is the pan had been off and the bolts loose with one cross threaded. Pulled the pan it was wiped clean and had some water in it. Pulled a rod cap and found 20% babit and 80% backing material along with grooves . I called them and was told they didn't have another and my reply was good I don't want another. He then said bring it back and they will refund. I said come and get it and they said they couldn't pick it up for a couple weeks. Called the credit card co. and got some comments on record in case they are playing a game. Both of these motors were represented as low milage motors. Why can't people just be honest both motors are cores at best. The whole reason I went with a used motor was to save time now it 2 weeks later with a lot of BS.and I'm right where I started. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 132

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Right beyond these trees is where 108 and 24 meet.
It's a short walk to every restaurant, store etc in the vicinity at the other end of the main drag thru town.
I'm out of the city, and more in the country now.
So my daily walks are quieter, with more nature to enjoy rather than noise.
I saw an eagle yesterday.

:smile:

20190919_072057-768x768.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, this one should go to the rants and raves but its what I am doing today. The second motor showed up last night at 6 30 pm it was suppose to show up Monday then yesterday at 3 pm then 4 pm then all the way to 6 30pm. It showed up on a stake bed that would not fit in the garage driven by a woman that was zero help so it took me an hour with a cherry picker in the gravel. This morning first thing noticed after I got it on a stand is the pan had been off and the bolts loose with one cross threaded. Pulled the pan it was wiped clean and had some water in it. Pulled a rod cap and found 20% babit and 80% backing material along with grooves . I called them and was told they didn't have another and my reply was good I don't want another. He then said bring it back and they will refund. I said come and get it and they said they couldn't pick it up for a couple weeks. Called the credit card co. and got some comments on record in case they are playing a game. Both of these motors were represented as low milage motors. Why can't people just be honest both motors are cores at best. The whole reason I went with a used motor was to save time now it 2 weeks later with a lot of BS.and I'm right where I started. Marty

last night I crawled under the old dodge and pulled the pan and #1 rod cap ( the furthest from the oil pump ) and the bearing looked great and very little metal in the pan stuck to the magnet. Today after returning from the field I pulled the intake the rest of the valve gear , intake, lifters and the old cam #7 and #3 intake lobes were wiped out and all the others looked good?? found some very fine metal in the valley looked like silver dust, I think thats where most of it went and stayed. Lifter bores and cam bearings look good also. New plan, I'm going to replace the cam with a 223 degree @.050 with 110 degree lobe centers for some more grunt with an Edelbrock rpm air gap manifold and a 600 cfm carb. should be good for about 375 hp. and 450# torque under 5000 rpm. Also an 8quart pan. the 1-5/8" headers will be reused. When parts show up I will get it going in about 3 days of spare time. Thats the plan anyway. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I decided to come to camp a day early by myself to get a start on treating the deck. I arrived at 7:30pm and by 8 I had the deck cleared and pressure washed with a deck cleaner restorer. Tomorrow morning I plan to get up early to go hunting. In the afternoon I will treat it with thompsons water seal. Now I'm enjoying a nice fire and a cold beer.

de78294f6855160f2b52a8b71ae84d3b.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Came home to find the Power Company had laid new underground lines and replaced my Father in law's lawn with dead sod. As his house is unoccupied ( he passed away last year) and for sale there is no water supply so I had to rig a line with wooden ramps to cross the street and place a sprinkler.

What I don't understand is why they tore up so much of the lawn as they had tunneled much of the line with a Ditch Witch.

I'll have to rig this up, and use my water bib, every nite for about a week unless it rains.

Next week they plan to tear into my place. I'm a corner lot so that will be a lot of digging and a lot of sod.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you there, Franc.

Last night was the best, solid nights sleep I've had in 2 weeks.

I work today and picked up tomorrow for double time pay.

Tow boy is keeping his eyes on Houston.
Lots of cars down there that need rescued.

Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, today was a full day of walking fall and winter jobs at the can plants and canneries as they will all be going down for the season in a few weeks to a month depending on tomatoes. Today was Dads little boys birthday so we had a little party. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0129.MOV
    1.6 MB · Views: 197

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Working today.
I'm going to have quite the crowd here tomorrow.
One of my friends from my former place of employment is also driving up.
We're going out for Chinese, then do more shopping for kitchenware.
I want to get The Pioneer Woman's dishes because they're pretty.
I've come a long way in a short time, but have a way to go before I can say I'm done.
It's an adventure!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
last night I crawled under the old dodge and pulled the pan and #1 rod cap ( the furthest from the oil pump ) and the bearing looked great and very little metal in the pan stuck to the magnet. Today after returning from the field I pulled the intake the rest of the valve gear , intake, lifters and the old cam #7 and #3 intake lobes were wiped out and all the others looked good?? found some very fine metal in the valley looked like silver dust, I think thats where most of it went and stayed. Lifter bores and cam bearings look good also. New plan, I'm going to replace the cam with a 223 degree @.050 with 110 degree lobe centers for some more grunt with an Edelbrock rpm air gap manifold and a 600 cfm carb. should be good for about 375 hp. and 450# torque under 5000 rpm. Also an 8quart pan. the 1-5/8" headers will be reused. When parts show up I will get it going in about 3 days of spare time. Thats the plan anyway. Marty

pulled a main cap today, its toast ordered a long block from auto zone heave it tomorrow. Marty

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Working on tile.

Subway tile in a flip house.
Custom tile on our home fireplace.

Our partner/contractor has a double hernia so I came out of retirement, have been breaking a sweat daily, and actually doing manual labor in a flip house. It’s taken me away from the real tile project at home. Hoping to get more done tomorrow as we are getting a rainy forecast.

Attachments

• FC8AB5A1-429E-450B-AD0C-27A097EA20EF.jpg
    FC8AB5A1-429E-450B-AD0C-27A097EA20EF.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 62
  • FD3DF103-D3DA-45B9-BA00-CD08984BCA72.jpg
    FD3DF103-D3DA-45B9-BA00-CD08984BCA72.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 61

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hunting on and off all day. Got 3 birds. It's windy and raining intermittently. Not the best for hunting. But as they say. A bad day of hunting is better than the best day in the city.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to see a Brad Pitt movie. Don't recall the name of it. He was an astronaut. Not worth the price of admission and popcorn and soda cost $15.00+ on top of the price of the movie.

No wonder we don't go out more often!!! WTH?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Another great boating weekend. Temps in the mid 80's and plenty of sunshine. Loving it. Long range forecast looks like more of the same for next weekend. Woo Hoo.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Going into the city for a annual walk to remember Sarah Root, who was run over by an illegal alien the day after she graduated college with a 4.0 average....the judge let the animal out on a small bond and he left the country. Sarah was an organ doner, she she saved a few lived....one or more of those people with show up.

Then lunch with a high school buddy, who is also a Vietnam Veteran. I will help him file for Agent Orange disability.

Then go the the start of Forty Days For Life celebration ( https://www.40daysforlife.com/council-bluffs ) for a few hours....very nice people there.

Then drive about 40 miles back home.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
12 celcius and raining intermittently. I have a love hate relationship with the fall. I love the fall change of colors and hunting season. My back hates the cold dampness that is crippling me. I'm usually go go go all day as movement keeps my back from locking up.

Last night by 10:15 around the campfire I was trying to stand up and my back gave out on me. When that happens my legs give out and it takes all of my strength to stand. I barely made it to the camper and was in bed by 10:30.

Today, the guys are going hunting. We're going home. I'm bringing the side by side to town so I can go hunting and collect firewood for the garage at home.

Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Working on tile.

Subway tile in a flip house.
Custom tile on our home fireplace.

Our partner/contractor has a double hernia so I came out of retirement, have been breaking a sweat daily, and actually doing manual labor in a flip house. It’s taken me away from the real tile project at home. Hoping to get more done tomorrow as we are getting a rainy forecast.

Looking good better be careful pretty soon you will be conned into side jobs by your friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.