• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Conversations or monologues?

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Is it just around here or have y'all noticed some people like to talk *AT* others, rather than have a dialog. They will NEVER say, "How are YOU doing?" It's all about THEM. If you ask someone what color the red barn is, it will be a five hour rant. They just want an audience.

Is anybody else experiencing this? It seems like a new thing. Are people buried in their computers and/or smart phones all day and building up words? Then someone comes along and says, "What time is it?" and BOOM! BLA BLA BLA BLA!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I think it's more and more noticeable all the time Lenny, what you speak of.
Some people are so wrapped up in communicating via social media/texting etc.. that they do seem to forget how to have a proper exchange in the right here, Right Now.

I joked with my niece and her boyfriend one day.
They were sitting opposite ends of the sofa, both on their cell phones.
I said, what are you two doing, texting each other?
Lol

Lord knows I love being on forums and mixing it up with the best, but I've not lost myself to the extent where I've stopped caring about people and having good conversations that are down to earth, caring and true.

:smile:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Lord knows I love being on forums and mixing it up with the best, but I've not lost myself to the extent where I've stopped caring about people and having good conversations that are down to earth, caring and true.

:smile:

Same here. I really do want to know what others have to say as long as they care about my views too.

Interesting that I this conversation with a friend of mine who teaches psychology and she said, "Hmm. I'll hve to research this." It's obvious to us.

Shaking my head at what you said about your niece! HA HA!