• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1201B thiokol spryte

MontanaPete1

cdd0b684632341d4eecde84bddb27cc5.jpg
9f4d497fb408f2a1fe02139de5be2ffc.jpg
d4ef0a052f871ae75547706217057c84.jpg
90beede80642362139bedb830efd1ab9.jpg

Hi guys, I hope I've got this in the right place. I'm new to this board and am looking for any help or knowledge on restoring my machine. Just picked it up last month here in Montana. Any help or advise would be great. Thanks again Pete

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
looks like a good start i've been a professional mechanic since 1984. I own its big brother the 2100, there is a lot of shared parts between the 2 the best part of yours, is from the photos it looks like you have an oc-12. another good part is the automatic conversion could mean you also have a 300 6 which would be a plus. I have a diesel in mine. any help feel free ask it is getting to be my busy time been working lately out of town changing finale on an old k model d-8.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the 300 is a 7 main engine the lower end is built like a diesel, as with all big sixes they suffered runability problems from wetted walls , when the temps and humidity were right, port efi solved that problem exhaust manifolds were prone to cracking to. otherwise it was one of the most reliable engines ever built I have seen a lot of them sounding like shit but still running strong. I believe the sprite origionaly came with a170 or 200 oem

BearGap

GOLD Site Supporter
Any new status or pictures to share? Love to hear how your 1201 is coming along.

MontanaPete1

Sorry, Been busy in the shop so not alot of progress. We did get the

Tracks off, looks like i'm going to have to redo the rubber on those.

I have a few Ideas on how I'm going to do that but if any of you have an

Idea on that let me know. I'm going to pull the Motor and tranny here in the

next few weeks. Dr. Zaugg its a 1201B. :whistling:

MontanaPete1

Should have more photo's up this week or early next week. Made a few decisions, am going to pull the tranny out and send it for a rebuild, and am going to get a EFI kit for the engine. Also been toying with the idea of adding some cab space on. Next time you see her she should be up on jack stands![emoji4]

Dr. Zaugg

Just about everyone has his own preference! Because it works for them.
I like John Deere HY-Guard Tractor transmission oil. It dissipates more heat, flows well cold, and does not mess with the brake bands. What ever you do....DO NOT USE 90WT GEAR OIL!!!!! you WILL loose your steering in about an hour.