• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Barely keeping up with the snow !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Holy Crapola !!!
I am plowing every day to just stay even . Spent at least 6 1/2 hours plowing and blowing snow today . Need to get the snow blade repaired and back on the tractor to replace the front bucket , but there is not enough time !!! We are in for 5 more inches tonight and more coming tomorrow . I have snapped pins and have had to jerry rig stuff to keep going . I need 8 hours in the shop to grease , change oil, change filters , make repairs and no time to do it .

I am pushing the blower to its limits in 8th gear!!!! That's nuts !!! I have never blown snow that fast . I am usually in 5th .
I did 1 1/2 miles of blowing in less than 1/2 hour today! That's 6' wide at one shot !!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Holy Crapola !!!
I am plowing every day to just stay even . Spent at least 6 1/2 hours plowing and blowing snow today . Need to get the snow blade repaired and back on the tractor to replace the front bucket , but there is not enough time !!! We are in for 5 more inches tonight and more coming tomorrow . I have snapped pins and have had to jerry rig stuff to keep going . I need 8 hours in the shop to grease , change oil, change filters , make repairs and no time to do it .

I am pushing the blower to its limits in 8th gear!!!! That's nuts !!! I have never blown snow that fast . I am usually in 5th .
I did 1 1/2 miles of blowing in less than 1/2 hour today! That's 6' wide at one shot !!!

No big deal Allen.

Aren't you always blowing about something?:yum::yum::yum:

Leni

Sounds like a huge problem. I wish that I could help you but you know that I'm way too far away. :)>(

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I just pushed back where the snow had drifted bad with my backhoes with chains on all 4 wheels. It had drifted in as deep as the hood on the truck and I worked for 20 minutes just to open a path with the truck. Need room if we get more this next week. The big snows usually come in March around here. Nothing worse than having hard mountains of old snow and getting another big one.:hammer:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
A winter video just for those who are tired of winter.

We are having a great winter in WY with 155% of normal snowfall already, more wind than needed and the interstate hghways will most likely close again today as we already have no unnecessary travel posted by WYDOT. Just a winter wonderland all over the country. Kick back and enjoy what Mother Nature has to offer.:whistling:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rloxx3RzuXQ"]Is this what winter is doing to you - YouTube[/ame]

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Come up here. This was after a storm last weekend. We had drifts of 12 feet deep across the road. The highway was closed for 4 days. I helped open the road from this direction, another crew came from the other direction. It took me 3 hours to open this section with a 950 cat loader and a loader mounted snowblower. Less then 200 yards through a rock cut.

Attachments

• photo file 001.jpg
    photo file 001.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 89