• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

This wind

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Got a call from my neighbor up at our cabin last night. The wind had lifted a steel roofing panel and twisted it up. So today I went up there and bent it back in place and sealed it the best I could. Lots of water damage and it looks to me like just about all of the panels have lifted so I spent hours walking around on the roof pounding the nails back in. But I have to imagine with the wind as it is now again panels are lifting again. I can't remember the wind being this bad in a long time.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Keep it up there! We had enough this past week with power poles snapped and road signs blown over. Trees down blocking roads and tin and shingles torn off roofs. Lot of damage as well as quite a few brush fires from electric wires arcing. We finally got some showers but need more rain to lower the fire danger. Your roof sounds like a candidate for washer screws to be added to help hold it down. They help a lot especially around the perimeter.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Maybe..Replace the nails with rubber headed screws..Good luck!..

I only had a few of them and they weren't stainless so I will need to pull them out anyway. But I realize I need to buy probably a thousand of them and change them all out. This is a homemade steel roof that a cobbler made. Has lasted almost 30 years now.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lots of shingles are lifting on the south side of buildings and homes here today. Some tree damage as well. Nothing like the Southern part of Iowa that was much harder hit. It is still blowing, and my barometer is only 1/2 point from my recorded all time low here. This is a very strong low preassure system for sure...

Regards, Kirk

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I only had a few of them and they weren't stainless so I will need to pull them out anyway. But I realize I need to buy probably a thousand of them and change them all out. This is a homemade steel roof that a cobbler made. Has lasted almost 30 years now.
I dont know if they are stainless or not Murph, but I have 500 to 1000 new packaged 1" 1/2 or so tan colored screws with washers and rubbers I bought by mistake (wrong color), you are welcome to if it would help. As Muley said I would beef up the perimeter areas mainly to keep any air from getting under them. :wink:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I dont know if they are stainless or not Murph, but I have 500 to 1000 new packaged 1" 1/2 or so tan colored screws with washers and rubbers I bought by mistake (wrong color), you are welcome to if it would help. As Muley said I would beef up the perimeter areas mainly to keep any air from getting under them. :wink:

I appreciate the offer but the 2-1/2" ones I have are already a tad bit short. As for Stainless I don't know if I would have to have that if they were coated. Otherwise I sure would take them off your hands.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I appreciate the offer but the 2-1/2" ones I have are already a tad bit short. As for Stainless I don't know if I would have to have that if they were coated. Otherwise I sure would take them off your hands.
Now that I think about it they are probablly longer then that inch and a half. I'll check afterbit, but yes they are coated and i think they will last plenty good. I'll let you know. :wink:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I was right the first time, sorry they are only inch and a half AND the wrong color. :doh:

Oh well, could I interest you in 500lbs of rusty roofing nails. :yum:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
HEY! What's up? Why are you sending the winds to us? We didn't ask for them. Take them back!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Tried to tell the wife there was no point in mulching the peas with old hay from the chicken pen. Now we are getting 30 mph winds again and it is scattering it all over the garden.:hammer: Chickens are loving being out in open even with the wind. About half the peas we wound onto the fence yesterday are back on the ground again. It is Murph's fault!:whistling: Sure wasted my time picking up branches around the field this morning.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tried to tell the wife there was no point in mulching the peas with old hay from the chicken pen. Now we are getting 30 mph winds again and it is scattering it all over the garden.:hammer: Chickens are loving being out in open even with the wind. About half the peas we wound onto the fence yesterday are back on the ground again. It is Murph's fault!:whistling: Sure wasted my time picking up branches around the field this morning.

Yeah that's right, go ahead and blame me. You should be working on that wood pile anyway. :poke:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ain't happening today! 78 degrees is too hot for stacking wood. Dang wind is blowing dust around when I try to till around the fruit trees. Have the holes ready for the last 2 cherry trees that due Wednesday. Then I can plant grass around them and finish the fence around all of them. You are supposed to move this to the weather forum aren't you?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
You are supposed to move this to the weather forum aren't you?

Wake Up, it has been there for some time already. I tried moving it about an hour ago and it told me I can't move a thread to the same place. :poke: