• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTF! Snow on the way again.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Was just thinking about taking the studded diggers off the plow truck on Wednesday. Now the local forecast is for 1-3 with more on the hilltops for tonight into tomorrow. They had a good snow off the lakes around Syracuse and Watertown yesterday and more coming tonight. My buddy was working above Utica and they had a mess as the state guys had pulled most of the plows for grading and shoulder work the past few weeks. Our local town has been cleaning ditches and grading as well. Guess they will need to put the sanders back on tonight!:hammer:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope it misses you. Weathermen are known to be wrong at times. Saw a guy planting corn here yesterday. It will be interesting to see if it gets frozen off or not . I have heard the advanced forecast fo here is much cooler than it has been, with frost a possibility. Heck yes it is, it isn't even April yet...

Regards, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
So far it has been all rain and thunderstorms right here. They are having freezing rain and snow just north of us and they still think it will drop lower overnight. Rochester and Syracuse will be getting a good snow the way the radar looked at 11.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
someone @ the dr.'s office said we're supposed to get snow tomorrow. figured we'd be due some before those may (july) flowers showed.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Tomorrow night into Wednesday we are to get some. If the damn wind don't quit blowing it could make a mess. We actually need some rain or snow badly right now. Things are way dry and the fire danger is real bad.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here as well muleman. Right now 25-35 mph wind and 15% humidity. I need to burn off some CRP ground, but I am afraid to, even when the wind lays down...It's that dry.

Regards, Kirk

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
WIND one of the PIA camps left their camp fire burning after they left Sunday and it was spreading through the grass my wife saw it I went out and put it out with some rain water they had under the down spout.

I'd call them and remind them but they real flatlanders and you cant tell them any thing because they know it all.

I keep a couple hundred gallons plus the 1250 in the cistern just in case but I won't waste a drop on their fire I'd call 911 next time.

tom

tom

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We are getting bands off the lakes right now. Looks like Syracuse is getting a good shot off the lake right now also. More is in the forecast .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ground was white at daybreak but it warmed to 39 and melted. Now it has dropped to 36 and snowing pretty good again. Moisture is moisture and we need whatever we get. Looks like it is heavier down toward Pa.