• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rain, rain go away!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Seven days straight of rain. I am not talking showers but hard rain. We have water like back in the spring before it stopped for 2 months. Only got to 43 F today and not going to warm up much till Tuesday. Had to turn the heat on in the greenhouses to keep it around 60-65. Don't know if the plants need it but it keeps the wife happy!:clap::clap:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Big Weather change headed this week for us too . Forecasters are predicting mid 20's at night and lots of rain . I think they mean snow . I am no where near ready for winter as I have been working out of town the last 3 months and still have about a month to go .

The honey do list around the ranch is quite long not including all the other stuff I have going on . I still have 14 acres of new land to finish grading and reseed/ fertilize before winter

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well it is still raining with some wet snow mixing in. My digital temp shows 35 but with the wind blowing the rain against the windows it is pretty wild and brutal. The old tomcat just came in and he is soaked. Turned the heat on for a while to dry the dampness out of the air.

Lia

Banned
Seven days straight of rain. I am not talking showers but hard rain. We have water like back in the spring before it stopped for 2 months. Only got to 43 F today and not going to warm up much till Tuesday. Had to turn the heat on in the greenhouses to keep it around 60-65. Don't know if the plants need it but it keeps the wife happy!:clap::clap:

And she's the plant that needs the best of nurture. Trust us women. We go by instinct, which is usually spot on. :wink:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
She just woke up, wanted coffee and saw the snow. Grabbed a blanket and covered up on the couch. I have it warmed up to 76 in here so she is not really cold.

Lia

Banned
She just woke up, wanted coffee and saw the snow. Grabbed a blanket and covered up on the couch. I have it warmed up to 76 in here so she is not really cold.

76f? Are you trying to stifle her? Poor lady. :unsure:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Almost getting light outside but the rain makes it seem like 4am. The old cat is curled up in front of the heater vent and just loving having a hot air blow across his back. He has been coming inside more as the weather gets cooler and will probably stay in at night once it gets real cold out. the rest of them don't like the rain at all and have been inside more than out this past week.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm just hoping it will be nice next weekend It has been a month since we were to the cabin and it is the apple butter festival at Waterville and this roadie doesn't want to get wet setting up for my wife!

BTW Bill how are the colors?

tom

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
There are small clusters of yellow and orange but mostly brown due to the drought. We have not had a hard frost yet so a lot of leaves have not turned color yet. There are a good number that have blown off in the past few weeks in some hard winds. I wonder how the roads are up to your place? Lots of washouts and road closures still going on. The main road from Addison to Elkland is closing for 2 weeks so they can stabilize the banks and clean up some slides. Part of a main county bridge has also washed out west of me. Don't know if I-88 is open east of Binghamton yet or not. I-81 was under water again on Friday below Big Bend and some areas that flooded were almost under again around Athens. Our creeks and rivers are a lot higher than they have been since spring. Some parts of Potter county got over 12 inches of rain in the past 2 weeks.

rc2james

Site Supporter
Send some of that rain to Southeast Iowa. We haven't had any good rains since the middle of June. It is dryer than a popcorn fart here.