• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Big hail!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I Was in town filling with gas when it came. Nearly golf ball sized, I have only seen larger once, and that was 2". I tucked the car in behind a tall building, (grain elevator) but I am afriad I will have some dents in the 300C, maybe more before the night is over. Not too far away I was told they had base ball sized.:wow:
As I type this the house is shaking with the sound of thunder...and very heavy rain.

Wild weather this year. Crops are going to suck.:sad:

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The cars are inside, just the 300C was out in the hail, and my pickup too...

The crops we'll get to see in the morning, but with a weekend predicted to be each day with thunderstorms it isn't going to be good. Crop insurance will be a good thing to have again this year. Hail is a seperate policy from Federal crop insurance. If you collect on both it can ease the burden pretty well. I just wanted a more normal year than drought, guess I got it... Just too much of it!

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh crap there is a few dents in the car. All the surface area that regularly floods at times like these, are all full of water this morning. Crops were all ready gone from those area's from previous flooding. Hail damage to crops will be looked at later...Thankfull for no tornado's last night this AM...

Squerly,

What happends at your new place if there are 100+ MPH winds and all the trees are down??

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I can handle most things but I hate hail..

In 13 years in Dallas I had to have three replacent roofs put on because of hail. The worst one wasn't exactly hail, it was jagged chunks of ice from 2" to 4" in diameter. I had my vehicles covered but my neighbor had his almost new Infinity totally beaten up to the extent that some of them actually punched holes in his car. It gouged the privacy fence around the house as if it had been clawed by a grizzly and sank the air bed floating in the pool, punched holes clean through it. That one was scary with lots of people injured.

Since we have been in the country it hasn't been quite so bad but my wife's Caddy was hammered pretty bad once.

No, hail is not something to be messed around with. Having said that the thunder storms are firing up as I type this. I hope that it's not an omem. I better go put stuff up begore it starts here.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Squerly,

What happends at your new place if there are 100+ MPH winds and all the trees are down??

Regards, Kirk
100 MPH winds shouldn't do any damage Kirk, that's no more than a category 2 hurricane. If I had a shingle roof I might loose some shingles but I have a steel roof so damage would be unlikely.

Now a direct hit from a drone...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The worst one wasn't exactly hail, it was jagged chunks of ice from 2" to 4" in diameter. I had my vehicles covered but my neighbor had his almost new Infinity totally beaten up to the extent that some of them actually punched holes in his car. It gouged the privacy fence around the house as if it had been clawed by a grizzly and sank the air bed floating in the pool, punched holes clean through it.

That's some scarey sh*t right there. I have seen hail go through the roof a steel clad building after the fact. Amazing what it can do.

Regards, Kirk