• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

4 seasons ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Do you have 4 seasons where you live ? In Northern California we always had 4 nice seasons to enjoy , Spring was a wonderful time of year as you watched the flowers coming back .
Here in Idaho at 4100 feet we have 2 seasons . Snow/rain and Indian summer . Thats it . We average about 7-8 months of winter and 4-5 months of Summer .
This makes it hard to get much done outside , so you start planning in the winter for your Summer projects . The ground wil be frozen solid for another 2 months ., then it will turn to mud for 2 months .By the end of Summer the ground will be so hard you cannot drive a nail into it .
The trade offs are cool nights all summer to sleep under blankets .
After living here for 3 years "full time" I can see why the older folks leave as they get older . A broken hip is not fun. Ice is everywhere for 5 months a year . Ice cleats are standard issue :sad:.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I would still sooner deal with the cold than the heat down south. And the privacy of living in the hills is unbeatable.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We have 4 seasons in east Texas. Of Course, spring and fall may only last about a day each.

I agree with one other thing that you say Al, now that I'm older I don't like snow at all. I don't even like cold weather all that much.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
At 5800ft we have long winters but love the summers. Us "old folks" moved down to west central Texas in our early 60's from the town we now live in and after almost 4 yrs decided we could put up w/ the winters easier than the Texas summers. I grew up in the same area of Texas and left at 19. It's too hard to try to accomplish anything outside in the summer there. Guess I just got used to working in the cold after working in it for 32 yrs.
Mike

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
we get mostly winter, then summer. spend half the year in wool & the other half swimming. (spring arrives, is pretty windy, then is over kinda quickly, as is autumn.)
prerequisites to residing here include owning a pool/pal that owns a pool/fare or a pass to a public pool, freeze-pops, sunglasses, knit hats, a pal w/ a snowblower, & knowing where the ice tends to build.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here in heartland we definately get all four seasons. No temperate coastal weather to confuse us and rot our brains...:wink::yum::yum: LOL...

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Hell Al here in alaska we just have 2 seasons winter and construction the last couple of years construction season's been pretty cold. hit - 25 last night now the snot trac is acting like a krusty.