• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

No more water withdrawals

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Susquehanna river basin commision shut down all water withdrawals due to low stream flows. Many of our smaller creeks are bone dry and even the bigger ones are showing lots of rock. Cattle have had to be moved to other pastures as the water is not flowing to let them drink.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Last year at the farm, after our ponds either dried up altogether or were turned in to mudholes, we had to let the cows in to the lake. That's the first time we've ever had to do that. The lake itself was getting pretty low but it helped us get by. Hopefully this year we're in better shape. We had a deep water well drilled. It'll produce about 80,000 gallons a day, not much, but it keeps on coming. We ran it for 7 days into the lake and it never slowed down. If it gets real bad the game plan is to get a high pressure pump and a big movable sprinkler or a pod system and irrigate for the first time ever. Some parts of the pasture we could probably flood irrigate. One way or another, we're not going to have another year like last year.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Two of my neighbors had to move their cows for lack of water. This will pretty well shut down the fracking in some areas. They have a lot of take out stations but can't use them now.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The dust on the dirt roads is terrible. Friggin EPA cut down how much brine they can put on per mile of road and folks are pissed. If I lived down on the town road there would be little spills of old oil on the road in front of my place. When a log truck comes up the valley you should see the cloud it kicks up.