• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow and sleet again!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just had a squall hit and the little pellets were bouncing like mad out back. Looks like it will be one of those days where it changes every 10 minutes. Only going to 44 F and more of the same tomorrow. We are at 31 now but the damn wind is blowing like mad.:hammer:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I sure wont trade you weather Bill even though the winds blowing like hell right now, at least were out of the woods for any more freezes, allthough large hail is a good posibility today. :unsure:

I sure wish Ya'll could catch a break and spring would arrive for good, losing trees, plants and crops sure does suck with all of the work that goes into it. :flowers:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just came in from outside and it is pretty brutal with the wind. Now we have a fresh warning for almost all of Pa. except down by Pittsburgh. Had to plug the heated water bowl in on the porch for the cats and dogs. Had skim ice in it . So much for getting the pool filter out of the basement.:w00t2:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Bill.

Kind of crappy here as well at 37 degrees and damp. Winds aren't bad down here in the hollow.

Now we have a fresh warning for almost all of Pa. except down by Pittsburgh.
I'm sort of glad to hear that we're not in the warning. I have 11 fruit trees coming in tomorrow. Will get the backhoe out today or in the morning to dig holes but thinking about holding off on planting until Sunday or Monday (after the freezing temps have passed).

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
The wind here is getting rather ridiculous and a pure pain. I don't mind hills on my bike because the hill usually ends, the winds don't. But with it we are having cold temps. It is like we went from February to May and now back to March. Snow is in the forecast for Saturday here. I doubt we will get any but the rainy windy cold is driving me nuts.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The wind is so strong here today we are stopping spaying of land with 32% liquid N and a herbicide about to be planted. No way a spray pattern will stand this high of winds.

I guess we'll have to wait it out untill this system brings us some rain tonight...

Kinda rare we have to quit because of the wind. In about an hour, we'll run out of land prepared for planting, and quit that as well.

I don't mind though, as trying to fill the planter, much less just standing in this wind, is no fun at all....

Regards, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The temp is never going to see 40 today. We are at 34 and it still sleets and snows like mad about every 20-30 minutes. With the wind blasting it along it hurts when I go outside. I am having to really keep after the boiler to maintain the heat in the greenhouses. Tonight and tomorrow are supposed to be even colder. No more wood stacking till it warms up a little.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bill - Ummm, where are you? I'm looking at the radar over your house and unless every one of those itsy-bitsy scattered dots of precip are hitting your house, it looks like a clear day.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It has cleared out now. At noon time it was coming down hard when I went for fish dinner. I am about 1/2 way between Elmira and Olean where the mountains are. The big blue blob over Ithaca must be what we were getting earlier. Shit blows in off the lakes and leaves just as quick up here.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 121

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
The temp is never going to see 40 today. We are at 34 and it still sleets and snows like mad about every 20-30 minutes. With the wind blasting it along it hurts when I go outside. I am having to really keep after the boiler to maintain the heat in the greenhouses. Tonight and tomorrow are supposed to be even colder. No more wood stacking till it warms up a little.
Hell our radars been showing storms on top of us all morning and all we have got is the wind, the sun just came out and its 72 now though so that may or may not be a good deal since the conditions are ripe for storms building up. :unsure:

Helluva lot warmer then there though if that makes you feel any better. :w00t2:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We got to 37 but the wind chill probably never left the 20's. Had to dig out the warm clothes again and burn a bunch of wood. Forecast is for snow and rain Saturday into Sunday with temps hitting the teens. That will finish off the peas.:hammer: