• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tom Delay Indicted by Texas Grand Jury

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Tom "the hammer" Delay has been indicted by a Texas grand jury for conspiracy in his alleged part in the Texas PAC fund money use to get Republicans elected to the Texas State Government, which eventually led to a redistricting plan to favor the Republicans. It will have lots of twists and turns before the final judgment day. Add this to he censures in the Senate and his political career might be in the almighty toilet. Will the Republicans rally around him like in the past or will they throw him to the sharks to deflect other criticisms of the Republican party?????? :confused:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm one who believes that you have to distance yourselves from criminals.

The exec. for an association I belong to was convicted of fraud. I've known the guy for my whole adult life. He said he is not guilty. He said he is the fall guy. I actually believe him. I voted to fire him. He can still be my friend but my belief is the association cannot be tarnished by what he was convicted of, even if it was totally unrelated and had nothing to do with the association.

Delay, by that logic, needs to gracefully go off into the private sector and any party officials who rally behind him will be making a mistake.

I expect mistakes will be made:eek:

OkeeDon

I don't know whether to giggle, crow, or cry...but I'm leaning towards the sadness. It's sad that it had to come to an indictment. It's sad that it was protected. It's sad that someone like DeLay ever had power in the first place.

There are hordes of great Republicans. By far the majority is well-meaning. There are some dummies. And, at the core, there are some really, really bad people. Tom Delay is the point man at the core.

AndyM

Charter Member
OkeeDon said:
There are hordes of great Republicans. By far the majority is well-meaning.

I resemble that remark.
Unfortunately, nearly all of the office holders are the other kind...
That causes all of us well-meaning folks to be lumped into the same catagory--Republicans. :(

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Billboard to be erected in Texas by a public group against him.....

Imagine Tom DeLay in Jail
GOP Majority Leader Tom Delay and two close associates were just indicted on charges of criminal conspiracy for channeling illegal corporate money to advance careers of fellow republicans and engineer an uprecedented power grab of the Texas government.

This is just the latest charge in a string of ethics violations swirling around DeLay including his abuse of power, money-for-influence machine, corporate shilling, ethics rebukes, foreign trips with lobbyists, and huge campaign payouts to family members.

It's time to put DeLay and the GOP culture of corruption he has fostered where it belongs: behind bars.

Attachments

• delay-image.jpg
    delay-image.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 36

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Seems that Ole Tom is getting in deeper. Who knows, he might just wind up serving real time breaking rocks at a state prison.

A Texas grand jury on Monday indicted U.S. Rep. Tom DeLay on a new charge of money laundering.

A different grand jury whose six-month term ended last week indicted him on a conspiracy charge