• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

wider tracks

mojo66

i own a st-4 i noticed someone had wide tracks on one(tracks would go past the fenders about 4 inches or so), i would like to get info on making that posible with mine

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
These machines are know as snow masters or tack masters. The track is longer and wider that the standard ST's. I am betting the best way to get there is to simply trade your ST 4 for an ST 4B (snowmaster, trackmaster) and it would be the easiest way...

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the snow masters had a wider trac and longer track the track on the snow master had an extra inner and outer belt and had a ground pressure of .25 psi the tracks were a soft snow track only and when run on hard ground would break the grousers. once you have driven your snow trac in the snow i think you will be impressed with it's preformance for what it is i have run mine through snow that i step out the back door and sunk up to my chest .the wider track with the herring bone grousers will work much better in the hills but my little st4 has out preformed a br100 with the wide steel grousers on the hills and while towing because of the varriator steering system.
ps the snow master also has a wider under carrage and wider drive axles to accomadate the wide tracks