• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New log splitter

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm close to buying this splitter ,an AM25S made buy American .It'll have the Hyd., log lift ,Log table ,and 4way wedge .
http://americanlogsplitters.com/specs.html
It's going to be in the 5 K price range ,so if any of You can come up with an equivalent machine for a better price ,I'd appreciate it .

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like the market research is finished and your mind is made up- with Jan on board and all you've been studying, you're on the road to the perfect equipment. Enjoy.

Alonzo Tubbs, writing for Lem Foutes

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have no experience with a log splitter, other than my maul and splitting wedge. I took a second glance when I saw the price and the pictures of what you'd get for that. I just don't have that much need for wood.

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
I kill threads? Me? You've already had to lower yourself to BIMPING (?) your own thread and begging me on the phone... Next your going to chase your tail for attention. Sheeese!

norscaner

Nix hold on a few days I will show you what I bought for $1000 ....all we are looking for here is to split wood....this one has split appx 45 cords of hardwood /per year for the past 9 years. A few repairs like hose and a hydraulic ram rebuild . When I am talking cord of wood I mean 4x4x8 FT total cost after purchase is about $180. pics to follow

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
A pathetic display. Wait 'till he wakes up tomorrow with a splitting head and sees this. Lem Foutes would turn his back.

I just have this feeling he'll call tomorrow and make me feel bad.:clap:

'Lonzo

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
A pathetic display. Wait 'till he wakes up tomorrow with a splitting head and sees this. Lem Foutes would turn his back.

I just have this feeling he'll call tomorrow and make me feel bad.:clap:

'Lonzo
Thank God he didn't split his leg wide open, and dat's all I'm gonna say about that! :smile:

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
Little Pirate, you must remember the old woodsman's axiom that nobody but cowboys and wussies need chaps. Nixon forgot to wear his. How many cows does he own?

Alonzo Tubbs, writing for Lem Foutes, who is hiding under a pile of unsplit wood.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Little Pirate, you must remember the old woodsman's axiom that nobody but cowboys and wussies need chaps. Nixon forgot to wear his. How many cows does he own?

LOL! Okay tubbs it's on !!! Are You saying that I'm all hat ,no cattle ?
Besides, I didn't forget to wear them . I was under the mistaken impression that jeans weren't worn under the chaps . So being modest ,I couldn't bring myself to wear them .:whistling:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
No cow ,or chicken jokes from Me . Tubbs is still pissed that I watched Him slowly fall into a fire pit in Loman Idaho . Mind You, We were well oiled at the time ,but it did Him no harm . Well other than the fact that His Unibrow was removed . :yum:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
PB ,actually , Ive looked at them . They're kind of cheesy . But, thanks for the link .

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
It's time for full disclosure here. Yes, I did fall slowly into a fire pit in Lowman but as I recall I was sitting in that cheap folding lawn chair you had bought, over my objection I might add. My unibrow, which added greatly to my rakish good looks, was unscathed but my always exhibited great dignity was some what tarnished by your insane laughter. Cheap lawn chair. You should have been ashamed.

Little Pirate, Homer Buhley wasn't present which was good for Nixon. Having already been labeled "a scamp" by Idas Taylor for wading the Middle fork of the Boise river in brand new Dan Post boots, Nixon's reputation around the gold fields of Atlanta was rightfully that of a low person- the kind who would proffess friendship- all the while scheming to lure a good man into a cheap folding lawn chair. Had Homer, Jerry and Junior and their Holstein ox been present, they would have bared their buttocks and farted loudly in his direction.

About the chickens, well, that was just perverted.

Alonzo Tubbs, who suffered mightily at the hand of a known (and I believe confessed) scamp.

PS: Nixon, I believe your confusion about jeans/no jeans under chaps comes from those bars you used to hang around in, singing along with the Village People.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had Homer, Jerry and Junior and their Holstein ox been present, they would have bared their buttocks and farted loudly in his direction.
Aha!!!
I knew I recalled Nixon telling me about the ox incident over the phone.
Might I also add.. he most likely had to call Beltone the following day for a hearing aid, as my screaming shrill rounds of laughter most likely caused a drastic hearing loss in his left ear.:yum:
I got all the scoop on y'alls shenanigans back in the day. lol

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
PS: Nixon, I believe your confusion about jeans/no jeans under chaps comes from those bars you used to hang around in, singing along with the Village People.

Well, I always thought that You guys had an interesting act . IIRC ,You were the Indian right ?:moon::poke:

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
Now that's a log splitter Gene and Richard would have been proud of! Before you made it to the gold fields, they made a splitter out of stuff- it was neat, I don't remember what the bed was origionally but it was big. Power came from a Briggs 1&1/2 hp from Jim's lawn mower. Turned a power steering pump for hydrallics to push a ram of unknown origion. Seems as though you placed a round in the cradle, fired it up and went home for lunch. If you took the full hour plus time for two beers, you could get back in time to watch it finish. If the belt didn't break. Karen said it was just a reason to break the lawnmower. I thought she had something there.

If Jim's still in Atlanta, he's probably still got it. Might be worth a drive come July.

I'll call shotgun.

Little Pirate, feel like a road trip?

'Lonzo

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
If Jim's still in Atlanta, he's probably still got it. Might be worth a drive come July.

I'll call shotgun.

'Lonzo

That may well be worth a road trip ! Hell , I'd like to see if they got the cow out of the outhouse hole ! I also wonder if Jerry got those "weasels" running .

Last edited by a moderator:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Now that's a log splitter Gene and Richard would have been proud of! Before you made it to the gold fields, they made a splitter out of stuff- it was neat, I don't remember what the bed was origionally but it was big. Power came from a Briggs 1&1/2 hp from Jim's lawn mower. Turned a power steering pump for hydrallics to push a ram of unknown origion. Seems as though you placed a round in the cradle, fired it up and went home for lunch. If you took the full hour plus time for two beers, you could get back in time to watch it finish. If the belt didn't break. Karen said it was just a reason to break the lawnmower. I thought she had something there.

I'll call shotgun.

'Lonzo
:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

norscaner

Nixon
Sorry for the delay I had lent the splitter out and just had it returned this past weekend. I hope this loads OK , if not I will send them PM.

Attachments

• IMG_8872.jpg
    IMG_8872.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8873.jpg
    IMG_8873.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8874.jpg
    IMG_8874.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8877.jpg
    IMG_8877.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 45

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got the call this afternoon. I will be taking delivery of My new log splitter tomorrow morning. (Don't tell Nixon, he thinks it is his, like the tractor, but in reality it is MINE.) :clap::clap:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got the call this afternoon. I will be taking delivery of My new log splitter tomorrow morning. (Don't tell Nixon, he thinks it is his, like the tractor, but in reality it is MINE.) :clap::clap:

That's great news Jan . Can't wait for winter to watch You splitting ,and stacking the firewood with Your tractor ,and splitter .:yum: