• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trump ends Obama's DACA program.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
McConnell nailed it for a change.

Mitch McConnell:
Trump's action corrects Obama's "fundamental mistake"
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell issued the following statement regarding the Trump administration’s decision on the DACA program:

“President Obama wrongly believed he had the authority to re-write our immigration law. Today’s action by President Trump corrects that fundamental mistake. This Congress will continue working on securing our border and ensuring a lawful system of immigration that works.”

rugerman

Well good for President Trump, that should put a lot of the Latin gangs on notice hat you are not going to be around shortly. Sure some good folks are going to be hurt, but it's not our fault, it's the parents who broke the law in the first place.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
We'll see how much the congress can get done. So far they're fortunate they don't get paid for work done or they'd be owing the taxpayers lots of $$$$.
Mike

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I knew a nice young woman. She spoke perfect English. She had been brought over practically as an infant. Her parents never told her. She didn't know until she was an adult and applied for something. Then she found that out.
What would you have her do?

leadarrows

I knew a nice young woman. She spoke perfect English. She had been brought over practically as an infant. Her parents never told her. She didn't know until she was an adult and applied for something. Then she found that out.

For the sake of this country and the rule of law she needs to apply for citizenship and go thru the possess. Life is not always fare. She does have an avenue to make it back here.
I hope her parents are ashamed for doing this to her.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Best idea I've heard is to get rid of birthright citizenship. That would do a lot to cut down illegal immigration.
Mike

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Best idea I've heard is to get rid of birthright citizenship. That would do a lot to cut down illegal immigration.
Mike

Yeah why not just toss the 14th Amendment:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
- U.S. Constitution, 14th Amendment
And while we are at it why not toss out the 2nd Amendment The right to keep and bear arms).
And we can get rid of that one about freedom of speech.
Freeing the slaves and any other ones we might not like.
Because . . . hey sometimes life just isn't fair.

rugerman

The parents are the culprits here, they are the original law breakers, they brought their kids here illegally, but the kids should have started a path to citizenship when they found out about their status. Now since they did not do the right thing it's our fault? So using that logic if I am driving down the road and a drunk driver hits me it is my fault for being on the road where he could hit me.
Don't think so, like the old saying goes being ignorant of the law is not a valid defense.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah why not just toss the 14th Amendment:

And while we are at it why not toss out the 2nd Amendment The right to keep and bear arms).
And we can get rid of that one about freedom of speech.
Freeing the slaves and any other ones we might not like.
Because . . . hey sometimes life just isn't fair.

Birthright citizenship was a mistake in the 14th amendment IMHO and it should be changed. It has been abused horribly in the past years. We would be better off as a nation to modify it, and eliminate the provision of birthright citizen ship..

I hope some day soon we will do that. Amnesty was a one time deal in 1986. We should not go back there either IMHO..

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

Tough question Cat, one I have no good answer for. No easy answers here. What I do know is America is supposed to be a country of laws. Without them we descend into anarchy.

What we see today, is a movement by the left to disregard laws they have decided they do not like or agree with. This whole immigration thing is a good example of that. DACA, Sanctuary cities, open borders. On and on it goes. We need the rule of law to apply here. We need Congress to decide not Obama or Trump. This is a legal issue, not an emotional one. We need to handle it as such, IMHO.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Illegals are draining our economy, while Military, Veterans and Senior citizens aren't getting raises and other help they need. AMERICANS COME FIRST!

rugerman

The birthright citizenship is a real problem, and it is abused really bad. Foreign females pregnant and ready to pop come here just to have a baby so it will be a American citizen. Then they become a fresh welfare drain, they get free medical, free room and board, free food, you name it. A old gentleman who I met years ago once told me, you never see a Hispanic female of child bearing age that is not pregnant, that is why our welfare system is such a drain on the economy. Now I'm not saying that it isn't being abused by other but why should we pay for every kid who is born . We are in debt now, at this rate we can no longer afford to allow this to continue.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Illegals are draining our economy, while Military, Veterans and Senior citizens aren't getting raises and other help they need. AMERICANS COME FIRST!

Bull Shit - I may be unfriended (by many here) but I live in Arizona.
Illegal Mexicans are doing much of the work here. White people can't (or won't work out in 110 heat to do much of the work. Illegal aliens are paying taxes
not draining the economy

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Cat, IMO the biggest problem is our immigration system takes so long for immigrants to gain citizenship. Why would people be willing to stand in line for years?? I think a lot of the cause is beuracrats (sp) having only two speeds, if don't like the gear they're in you sure as hell ain't gonna like the other one!!
Mike

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
How about a compromise?

Build the wall, and let the dreamers stay?

I think I could live with that.

Regards, Kirk

mak2

Trump duped you Lenny. He had no intention to deport the illegals, hell, he needs them at his golf course to landscape, Americans are far too expensive.