• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Vacationer in chief: Tens of millions spent on 38 Obama holidays

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
The first family, Michelle Obama fresh from her annual Aspen ski vacation with her daughters, and President Obama back from a weekend of golf in sunny Palm Springs, Calif., have spent tens of millions in tax dollars to vacation, and they still have two more years to go, according to an accounting of their trips.
As the first lady readies for a trip to Japan and Cambodia this month, Secrets calculated that the first family has racked up 38 holidays, working vacations, and fun trips like a date night in New York. They are on par to take at least 45 holidays before leaving office.
Costs are hard to pin down, and most come as a result of Freedom of Information Act suits from taxpayer watchdog Judicial Watch which pegged the Obama-Biden vacation tab at $40 million last year. That was before first lady and daughters took spring break in China, and the first family's annual summer vacation in Martha's Vineyard, Christmas in Hawaii, and this year's holidays.
For just a handful of trips, the Air Force and Department of Homeland Security have complied with the FOIA cases, but the costs of security, prepositioning of aircraft, staff housing and transportation and communications are typically not disclosed and are always covered by the government for every single president.
For example, Judicial Watch FOIA suits for just two vacations in 2013 produced flight costs of $5,250,624. But undisclosed are, for example, the costs of a trip to China last year by Michelle, her mom Marian Robinson and daughter Sasha and Malia.
"The Obamas are abusing the public trust and the taxpayers with unnecessary luxurious vacations and travel," Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said in releasing those details of flight charges to Martha's Vineyard and Hawaii. "These staggering costs show why these documents were covered up and we had to sue in federal court to get them. Another transparency fail for the Obama gang."
The White House argues that personal costs are covered by the first family, but critics say that those costs are a miniscule amount of any trip. And critics of stories like this one argue that presidents need to take breaks and their work never ends, even on holiday.
While former President George W. Bush took more vacation days than the estimated 175 by the Obamas, critics slap Obama because most of Bush's vacations were taken at his ranch in Texas, not the lavish digs he prefers in places like Hawaii and Martha's Vineyard, Mass. He has also criticized the rich.
CBS White House Reporter Mark Knoller, the unofficial presidential record keeper, calclates that the president has taken 22 vacation trips spanning all or part of 160 days.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tens-of-millions-spent-on-38-obama-holidays/article/2561162

Not much left to say about obama, he'[s a POS that is taking the American taxpayer for a ride.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I do not care for Mr Obama.

I wish only the very worst for him.

So now that you have announced you want only the very worst for him, and it happens, should you go to jail for 2nd degree murder like Kevorkian?

Sorry for jacking this thread to make a point from another thread.

Sparquelito

No, waybomb
I would not go to prison for 2nd degree murder.

Several essential elements for such a prosecution are absent in this case:

* I offered no specific definition for the wish 'the very worst for him'.

* I did not make a specific (or implied) threat to commit a crime.

* I did not specifically encourage anyone else to commit a crime.

* I did not send dozens dozens of tweets, texts, or emails encouraging the Commander In Chief to do harm to himself.

The average reader was left to surmise for themselves exactly what I meant by 'the very worst for him'.
Catch a wicked head cold or influenza?
Slip on the ice and fracture a hip bone?
Get a divorce, and get cleaned out financially in the process?

Those are all admitted horrible things to happen to somebody, and any of those could be perceived as the very worst thing to happen to somebody.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
No, waybomb
I would not go to prison for 2nd degree murder.

Several essential elements for such a prosecution are absent in this case:

* I offered no specific definition for the wish 'the very worst for him'.

* I did not make a specific (or implied) threat to commit a crime.

* I did not specifically encourage anyone else to commit a crime.

* I did not send dozens dozens of tweets, texts, or emails encouraging the Commander In Chief to do harm to himself.

The average reader was left to surmise for themselves exactly what I meant by 'the very worst for him'.
Catch a wicked head cold or influenza?
Slip on the ice and fracture a hip bone?
Get a divorce, and get cleaned out financially in the process?

Those are all admitted horrible things to happen to somebody, and any of those could be perceived as the very worst thing to happen to somebody.

:yum: I could think of a few more, but I will keep those to myself right now.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tens-of-millions-spent-on-38-obama-holidays/article/2561162

Not much left to say about obama, he'[s a POS that is taking the American taxpayer for a ride.

Even Camp David is not good enough for Barry and Moochie. WTF? They are such hypocrite liberal elitist douche bags it is unbelievable. Friggin' high rolling schmucks doing what they do best, living off of other people's money. That is all they have ever done. First with their sugar daddy's and benefactors. Now, with the taxpayer.

I have no problem with taking vacations, when they are earned, but these two lazy asses have never done a hard day's work in their lives, unless you count golf courses and partying with JayZ and Booonce.

The sooner the White House gets aired out, the better.

Kane

When going on one of the family's countless vacations, is Hoossein paying the way for his mother-in-law? Or is he letting the taxpayers pick up the tab, along with the cost of her camping out in the White House?

Oh, well. Look on the bright side. At least Hoosein's disowned brother is still living in Kenya ... in the family birthplace ... or he'd be on the American dole, too.