• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obamacare premiums are now available ~ 300% higher than promised!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
California's "health exchange" website is now active and features this fun calculator - Health Insurance Calculator | Covered California

A married couple age 60 making $62,000 can expect a monthly premium of $1,723, a tax credit of $1,232/month and estimated final premium of $491/month. A married couple age 60 making $62,500 can expect a monthly premium of $1,723 , a tax credit of $0, and estimated final premium of $1,723/month. Any econ majors want to calculate that marginal tax rate? That is for a policy with a $12,800 annual out of pocket max, which is higher than most of the individual plans offered today. Only $30k/year in premiums and $13k out of pocket? Wait, that’s only like….the entire annual salary after tax. Sure puts the "affordable" in Affordable Care Act. Surely everyone eligible for a salary increase from $62k to $63k would love to have such a promotion.

As of now, 2014 expected pricing has been released in two states, CA and TX. In both states, the 2014 cost of coverage is literally 3x the current cost. These plans will likely have limited regional networks and restricted pharmacy coverage.

Here's a link to Humana's plans in Texas - https://www.humana-one.com/secured/individual-health-insurance-quotes.aspx

Try inputting some fake info and getting a quote, you can use zip code 77005. All of the 2014 plans are labeled with Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum. Notice the price of all of the other existing plans in comparison to the 2014 ones.

Example: 60-year-old couple with two kids. Current plans - $635-1,987/month. 2014 plans - $1,693-5,236/month.

Coming to a state near you in just 10 months, get excited.

But but but they told us that it would be cheaper :yum:

leadarrows

Hell I can't come close to paying mine. My budget is set there is no room to increase my costs unless work picks up.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Hell I can't come close to paying mine. My budget is set there is no room to increase my costs unless work picks up.
The brownshoe gestapo from the IRS (at least one of the newly hired 16,500 enforcers being hired) will be paying you a visit. You can expect public humiliation followed by removal of any salable assets they can find. Your savings and retirement accounts will then be raided to pay what you choose to not give up voluntarily. You can also expect jail time to make you an example for others who choose to defy the tyrant's edict. At that point they will stop being nice guys to get you into compliance.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
But but but they told us that it would be cheaper :yum:

Yes they did , for some individuals at least or was that most individuals? What sticks in my memory most was the fact that "we're going to force you to do this because we think it's fairer for all concerned (except us of course) and we didn't read the frickin' thing either, so there". The lesson learned, if you're stupid enough to vote for those idiots then f**k you, you get what you deserve. Quit Bitchin'.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And remember the threads here on this forum where we got lectured by MAK, who explained to us simple minded folk, that Obamacare would be cheaper, more efficient and lower the costs for everyone?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hate to stumble on news like this. Thanks Bob....

Mabye the electorate will change their minds. Gun control will be a bigger issue than ever if this comes to pass...

Regards, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I hate to stumble on news like this. Thanks Bob....

Mabye the electorate will change their minds. Gun control will be a bigger issue than ever if this comes to pass...

Regards, Kirk
Heck Kirk, just sell off some of that big corn crop from last year.:whistling::flowers:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Heck Kirk, just sell off some of that big corn crop from last year.:whistling::flowers:

Or watch it burn. That will raise food prices too. So then we'll have food, fuel, ammo, guns, and healthcare all costing us double/triple during this President's reign of terror.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Calculator wouldn't work for me. Anyone else having a problem with it?

Kane

And remember the threads here on this forum where we got lectured by MAK, who explained to us simple minded folk, that Obamacare would be cheaper, more efficient and lower the costs for everyone?
Stoopid sheeple, to actually believe what Hussien would tell them. Well, SURPRISE!

Again, the end game of ObamaCare is to make the legislation so addling and the coverage so expensive that employers and individuals alike dump off into the government exchanges. And the obvious result? Single Payer Universal Health Care.

SURPRISE!

Not.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Never could make it work but I looked around and there are several calculators available, each with different attributes. This one was interesting as it shows what you will pay under Obamacare, what your deductible will be caped at, and what your penalty will be if you choose not to purchase insurance.

Calculator