• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Latest crop of snowcat paintings...

AdkSnowcat

I've applied to the Guinness World Records folks about Largest Snowcat Painting Collection! Forty-five and counting. Some familiar machines?

Attachments

• LatestSeven.jpg
    LatestSeven.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 266

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
very nice, great way to collect sno cats, and enjoy them all year long, looks like you get them painted before i can get them home

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
you know, we would love to have you attend the cats meow jamboree at timberline lodge, first weekend in may this year and have a showing of your sno cat work, this would be very special and timberline lodge has so many excellent places within the lodge for such a showing, and if your at all interested in selling, my thinking is you just might go home with no paintings, so are they for sale by chance?

AdkSnowcat

Thanks for the thought! I would love to have a snowcat painting show! That's a dream of mine. I'm pretty far away in Virginia. The paintings wouldn't all fit in my car. Someday I'll figure something out. The paintings aren't for sale. I'm willing to paint for people though (actually enthusiastic). Maybe someday I can paint a bunch to show and sell and make it to Timberline. I've wanted to go there for decades! I guess I have some time before the Cat's Meow--I'll think about that. Thanks again for the idea!

AdkSnowcat

Maybe I could just bring my supplies and paint right on the spot. It would probably be pretty cold. And the snowcat(s) being painted would have to stand still for a some hours. Might work. Might be too cold. Oil paint is pretty versatile (probably much more than me). I know people paint from their front seats too. Something to think about. Long drive. Be thrilling though.

It would be great to paint the snowcats from life. You get the best results that way. I don't know if anyone would want their cat to sit around at all during the event. If anyone wanted to buy a painting that would be great and I really like to have the paintings and marvel over them. So ending up with more is fine too!

Last edited:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe I could just bring my supplies and paint right on the spot. It would probably be pretty cold. And the snowcat(s) being painted would have to stand still for a some hours. Might work. Might be too cold. Oil paint is pretty versatile (probably much more than me). I know people paint from their front seats too. Something to think about. Long drive. Be thrilling though.

It would be great to paint the snowcats from life. You get the best results that way. I don't know if anyone would want their cat to sit around at all during the event. If anyone wanted to buy a painting that would be great and I really like to have the paintings and marvel over them. So ending up with more is fine too!

I wood be up for contributing the first $200.00 to the Paint The Meow Fund for your trip out here to Timberline. Donors to the PTMF get first shot at getting their cat painted.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Ship your paintings & supplies out ahead of time & hop a plane. (You should have seen the box of stuff I sent out & back last year in order to ski Hood :doh::doh: . But it saved a ton of hassle at the airport.) After the weekend ship back what you don't sell. But, since so many of your paintings are from cats out west, I have a feeling quite a few would stay there. And pay for your trip. Which frees up space for you to paint more!

The Snowcats will be moving all weekend since it's such a limited opportunity. BUT, if you brought your IPad, & snapped a pic of the cat w/ background of interested parties, you could sit in the lodge and paint them as attendees checked it out. And trust me- that would be a damn cool place to sit & work, with the added benefit of taking a cat ride when you wanted a break.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
that does it, we all agree, you are headed out to the cats meow, just let me know what i can do to help with your trip, very happy to have you coming out, thinking you will be a rock star of the sno cat world

Last edited:

AdkSnowcat

I am so, so flattered!!! Thank you very much!!!! My Internet connection was out for the last forty-eight hours. Sorry it took so long to get back!

I'm going to see what I can do to attend. For now I'm thinking I could paint some of last years scenes if I could get permission from the photographers. I can put the photos I really like up later (a couple of the Polar Tucker and six or eight others--some with the lodge in the background). Maybe people could e-mail some photos that they like. I could paint them and then if they liked them maybe we could make a deal.

AdkSnowcat

I'll be at the Cat's Meow at Timberline Lodge in May! I hope people will come see my paintings! I'll try to have some new ones to look at (or maybe buy). I'll try to paint there too. If anyone has a request please send a photo (no obligation of course).

AdkSnowcat

Thank you for reminding me about that painting! I always liked the blues in the 601, trees and snow. And thanks to Mr. Weatherby too for creating that machine restoration!!! And sharing his photos!

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you find something you want to paint (or is requested) from my photo album from Meow '15, let me know which one & I will send you the hi-res original.