• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Crap !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Spent the afternoon in bed . I have gallstones and my gallbladder has quit working . I have had 3 very expensive test . 4 doctors visits , 3 times to the lab . And now I have to go see another doc before he will remove the damn thing .That's the end of this week . In the meantime it has been two months since the tests proved I had this .I average 1 or more attacks a day . Today it just kicked my ass .
My wife called the doctor and his solution was for me to go to the ER for more fucking test !!! Jesus , how long do I have to wait . They know whats wrong . Just take the damn thing .
If I knew it would get done sooner I would go find another doc.
This is fucked up ...........

Leni

Jeese what kind of insurance do you have. If I were you it would have been remove a long time ago.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Al, I don't know why they are waiting so long. My S-I-L had her gallbladder removed almost a month ago. She waited until the point it almost ruptured before going to the doctor. The doctor sent her straight from her office to the emergency department and in the mean time called the surgeon to meet her at the emergency. After it was removed the surgeon said it was the worst he had seen in all his years of practice and she's now looking at a 3-month recovery. She's still in dire straights and not allowed to lift anything over 20 pounds. For that first week she wasn't allowed to lift anything heavier than a coffee cup. Her diet was highly restricted and even now she is only allowed certain foods and is slowly introducing other items back into her diet on a trial basis. It's still basically a liquid/soft food diet.

I've had a couple of friends that have had their gall bladder removed and they were back to normal in a couple of weeks.

Delaying it won't make it any better and, like my S-I-L, may make it a darned sight worse. Get it done now. The sooner the better.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i think that various situations would dictate. they said i'd pass away via my gallbladder stones. that was well over a decade ago. i'm here. seriously, keep yourself together. & i'll think of u. we're blessed by excellent dox, here.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, I don't know why they are waiting so long. My S-I-L had her gallbladder removed almost a month ago. She waited until the point it almost ruptured before going to the doctor. The doctor sent her straight from her office to the emergency department and in the mean time called the surgeon to meet her at the emergency. After it was removed the surgeon said it was the worst he had seen in all his years of practice and she's now looking at a 3-month recovery. She's still in dire straights and not allowed to lift anything over 20 pounds. For that first week she wasn't allowed to lift anything heavier than a coffee cup. Her diet was highly restricted and even now she is only allowed certain foods and is slowly introducing other items back into her diet on a trial basis. It's still basically a liquid/soft food diet.

I've had a couple of friends that have had their gall bladder removed and they were back to normal in a couple of weeks.

Delaying it won't make it any better and, like my S-I-L, may make it a darned sight worse. Get it done now. The sooner the better.

After 5 hours of trying to sleep and giving up because of the discomfort ,,,,, the wife is calling the doc to ask for another doctor to step in . Yesterday was the worst . I think I can't handle this much more .

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like you should already be on the way to the ER. Best wishes for you Al. Take care. If you are in that much pain and discomfort don't let em put you off.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like you should already be on the way to the ER. Best wishes for you Al. Take care. If you are in that much pain and discomfort don't let em put you off.

Yup.

No reason for these delays. We don't have the Canadian or the UK health system (yet). You should be able to get this resolved. NOW.