• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Couple finds $10 MILLION in gold coins, now faces arrest?!?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Couple is walking their dog on their own property.

They find a stash of gold coins, worth approx $10 MILLION in a tree ON THEIR OWN PROPERTY. It was stashed there ??? years ago. Apparently abandoned.

Now they may be arrested.

For not notifying the police. The treasury department could also take the entire thing away and give it to the descendants of the person that placed them there, or GIVEN TO THE STATE. Anyone want to wager that they get arrested, and the Treasury takes it all and gives it to the state?

http://capitalismisfreedom.com/couple-found-10-million-treasure-property-face-arrest/

Reuben Goldberg

No other word is worthy. IDIOTS.

If I found ten million dollars worth of gold in my backyard, I would just STFU. Why in the world would these folks subject themselves to claims by property right, arrest, or even finders keepers federal and state income taxes?

IDIOTS!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We own 80 acres in the Ozarks once known as Hippie ridge back in the 60's thru the 80's. Every once in a while folks come by asking if they can just walk theplace "for old times sake."

My neighbors wran me that they are actually looking for stashes they made during the heyday of their POT farming.

The Deed says I have all rights, subteranian, mineral and inclusive of anything abandoned by previous residents. I assume that would include squatters and land owners alike. I would not tell a soul if I found one red cent on my property.

That said, there is often a legal process to establish ownership of valuables lost or abandoned. These folks should have engaged and attorney for their windfall. Sad but true.

marchplumber

Site Supporter
Holy smoke! I'm with Franc, my deed says I own ALL material within, under, or on my property. Gotta LOVE a gooberment that want's to "share" all that is found, no matter what! Bunch of B.S. if ya ask me. An attorney would have been the way, but then there goes a third to them. ARGGhhhhh

God bless,
Tony

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Holy smoke! I'm with Franc, my deed says I own ALL material within, under, or on my property. Gotta LOVE a gooberment that want's to "share" all that is found, no matter what! Bunch of B.S. if ya ask me. An attorney would have been the way, but then there goes a third to them. ARGGhhhhh

God bless,
Tony

An honest attorney, (Stop laughing, they do exist) would most likely charge standard hourly fees for this. At even a 1% fee, it would be worth it to secure ownership rights and end all claims against the couple. particularly with Gold.

Gubmint is touchy about gold these days. I cashed several Slabbed and tabbed Gold Eagle coins a few years back so my kids could put money down on a house. Gubmint called my Jeweler, at his home, repeatedly asking for details about the transaction.