• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cool old Kristi photo/article -ebay magazine

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
cool kristies made the cover ,notice there is no hottie posing next to it like the snow trac had.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
DAMN !!! IT has already sold !!! I would have bought it if I had known earlier .

It would have been a nice addition to the paper work I have on Kristi's:sad:

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK!!! I am happy now . I found another one and bought it . I'll share the article when I get it .:clap:

AdkSnowcat

Congrats!!! I'm glad you found a copy! It sure was nice to see a brand new Kristi in the photo. Looking forward to hearing what the article says!

I guess ebay really does have everything!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm pretty sure I have a copy of that magazine article.

I'm also pretty sure that I posted PDF files of the pages posted here on the ForumsForums!!!

EDIT . . . I can't find the article, so maybe I'm thinking of a different one?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I kind of over looked it in the photo, it looks like the operator is all ready working on it. could that be Big Al or Bobcat in the photo in their younger days.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I kind of over looked it in the photo, it looks like the operator is all ready working on it. could that be Big Al or Bobcat in the photo in their younger days.

I have actually read that article many years ago . It is about a Kristy KT3 owner taking 3 Snot Trac owners on a ride where Snots Tracs fear to go . The guy went all the way with the sissy Snotters crying like babies and scared shittless and then he turned around a drove backswards just to show em the advance side hill catting abilities of the superior KT3 . They sold their Snot Tracs as soon as they returned to Earth . Last seen they were all running KT3's now .

It was a heartwarming story , to say the least .:smile:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
So sorry about that one Allen I just couldn't resist How is Mrs Al doing.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I found out who got that add for the Kristi he wanted to remain anonymous. Seems he that it would make cheap kindling for his wood stove at camp. he also wanted to keep it away from Big Al

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
if your wanting one more magazine my snow trac is in 1997 January hot VWs and featured in hemmings about the same time.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
it wasn't me, it was a Thiokol junkie that nabbed it up before Big Al could sink his claws into it.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Never even got Big ALS panties in a bunch:wow:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 137

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
So now you have seen a Krusty on snow, The one and only? On page five they did have to shovel a path for it...........

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
what kind of stuff did they comment about it in the article. are those old magazines like the new ones where they sugar coat the product because they got it for free to test or was it more of an honest opinion about what riding around it was like. there are some cool features to the Kristi I like the gull wing door for the driver I think the hydraulic suspension is a gimmick like the snow tracs kristies are low and wide I would imagine impossible to flip on their side also I like the survival feature muleman commented on with kristies coming with their own source of emergency heat bolted to the tracks. we crack jokes about this I would have to imagine it would make for great traction as some of you are old enough to remember saw dust snow tires. I never have experienced them but heard they worked well. and like the ar-15 I know they were cutting edge engineering in their time and pioneering new materials. There Al I said some thing nice can I be your adopted son.