• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Muskeg Axle

J5 Bombardier

Broke the axle hub in the right side sprocket of my Muskeg on the weekend . Had to get the neighbor's muskeg and one of my J5's to tow it a mile home, not a bad trip , but had to winch myself around one tight turn in the bush.
Will have to dust off a spare to install this weekend . We have repaired these tubes before, when the weld fails, but the hub is cracked in this instance. Has anyone ever sourced a 18 tooth hub for replacement, lots of splined hubs on the internet, hard to narrow down a supplier.
J5 Bombardier:hammer:

Attachments

• 157.jpg
    157.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 291

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
MNoutdoors would be a great source for advice, plus he has a ton of parts!

J5 Bombardier

Lots of tube assembly's around, the fun part is figuring out if Mr. Bombardier had the 2nd generation axles, with the big and small ends made or pulled them off a shelf with a matching hub that were used on something else, before the Muskeg.
J5 Bombardier

J5 Bombardier

These 40 plus year old axles are getting o be a pain in the $%##@$%% ! Had another axle spline fail, managed to save the spline and repair the tube. I'm still on the hunt for a source of coupling hubs to repair my other 3 spares.
Just have to put her back together tomorrow and we are back in business. So freakin cold out , in the garage is the place to be.
Happy New Year !
J5 Bombardier :hammer:

Attachments

• winter 2017 #1 048.jpg
    winter 2017 #1 048.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 195