• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ford confirms comeback of Ranger & Bronco

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ford has confirmed at the Detroit Auto Show that the Ranger and Bronco are coming back. The Ranger will be made in Michigan starting in late 2018, so I expect them to be a 2019 model. The Bronco will show up in 2020.
Link here

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Ford has confirmed at the Detroit Auto Show that the Ranger and Bronco are coming back. The Ranger will be made in Michigan starting in late 2018, so I expect them to be a 2019 model. The Bronco will show up in 2020.
Link here

I'll be right there to get a new Ranger. I have owned a Ranger pickup every year since 1991. My 2005 FX/4 still runs great and is in nice shape, but I'll be ready for a new one in a few years.

That Bronco looks awesome.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The Bronco is supposed to be a mid sized 4X4 SUV.

Yup, probably going to share the same chassis with the Ranger. The new Ranger will be bigger then my current model, but much smaller than an F150. I have no need for one of those giant trucks as I do not tow or work for a living anymore.

What they call "mid size" trucks now used to be what all trucks were 20 years ago. They got bigger and bigger every year. Hell, the tailgates now need a spring on them just so you can lift them to close. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I cant wait for the bronco. Dad had a 79. Tough truck. Took on a transport head on at highway speeds and my brother walked away with only 2 missing teeth. We replaced it with an 85 which was the first vehicle i drove when I got my license.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I had an '84 ranger which my brother gave me for a 82 Lebaron Convertible. I got the better deal.

Great lil' truck

Along with this FORD news is Fiat Chrysler bring back the Jeep Wagoneer. And a jeep Pick up. All being built in a refurbished Detroit area plant. All these names went out in the 80's/ 90's. Is this the indication of a Reagan reprise?

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
It's odd that some things go out of style and later come back into style. I like the render's looks better than the other one. A lot more retro!!
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I had an '84 ranger which my brother gave me for a 82 Lebaron Convertible. I got the better deal.

Great lil' truck

Along with this FORD news is Fiat Chrysler bring back the Jeep Wagoneer. And a jeep Pick up. All being built in a refurbished Detroit area plant. All these names went out in the 80's/ 90's. Is this the indication of a Reagan reprise?

I am currently on my third Ranger. First one an 88, it had the Pinto engine in it with an overhead cam head and I put 200K on it. Second one was a 97 with the Cologne V6 4.0 and I put 188K on that one. I am currently driving a 2005 FX/4 with the 4.0 SOHC engine. Currently have 150K on this one.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I won't let myself afford a new car ...... but I'll let someone wear the new off one of those Broncos!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

Great lil' truck

I am of the sentiment that we are. This country is ready to get moving. All it needs is a kick in the ass and Trump is just the man to do it. A lowering of corporate tax, getting rid of needless regs, bring offshore monies back in and drill baby drill. That is the recipe. A no brainer, but still way above the pay grade of most liberals. Does that say anything to what a bunch of morons they are?

BTW, I am somewhat interested in that Jeep pickup. The pics I have seen it looks really nice.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I did notice the Ranger is coming to North America in 2019. That comment is not there for the Bronco. All I hear is they are rolling out Broncos for a global market. Wonder if that includes the US?