• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WHAT'S GOING ON AT THE TUCKER FACTORY

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Any thoughts (from anyone) as to why they would leave a two inch gap when reattaching the back to the front? Instead of putting them back together & sealing the frame tubes?:ermm:

This was great fore thought on the part of the "craftsmen" who put her back together. If they had welded it back correctly, who would have thought to cut the frame open so that the inside of all the frame tubes can be fogged to prevent any further rust from the inside out. Thanks to the folks from Medford, this Freighter will live forever.

Jeffsno27

Rock & Roll 2 has been getting a little attention. It's starting to look a little better. :biggrin:

20160602_084517_resized.jpg

20160602_084523_resized.jpg

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
A lot of rust hidden on that machine, looks like the right time to restore.

If you look closely at the photos you'll see it isn't so much rust as galvanic corrosion. That happens when you put two dissimilar metals in contact with one another, in this case aluminum and steel, with nothing to separate them.

In a thread from a few years ago I brought this issue up and posted some photos of what we found under the skin of a Tucker we were working on.
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=44452&highlight=galvanic+corrosion

Whenever my sno-cat buddy and I work on a Tucker and remove an aluminum skin, we take the time to remove the rust and prime the steel before re-riveting the skin back on. That mere coat of primer is enough to break any chemical bond. It highlights Ben Franklin's quote "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Holey frame Batman! Looks like it will be new again. Do you coat the inside of the frame with the fog in paint? Good work men.

Jeffsno27

3/4" & 1" ROLLERS RELEASING SOON!

3/4 & 1" Rollers for your pontoons will be released in mid September. The price will be $45.00 and under for the first batch. They are sealed chrome steel bearings, more info next week.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
jeff, any chance that the factory may consider building pontoons, link pins and or grousers? the rollers are a good start to supporting the older machines.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree rollers are a welcome development. I would support other track parts as well. Would love to see adjusters,track rails, pins and backing plates. FYI

Jeffsno27

So it has been a long time but here is a picture of a really fun project that is finishing up. There will be more pictures when it roles out.

20160927_123514_resized.jpg

20160927_123744_resized.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that is a real nice piece of machinery I even like the terra track idea but compared to the older tuckers, that is one ugly body especially the nose. you all recon you could talk with the r&d guys and keep the wide cab and make the grill and bonnet better looking.

I have always wondered why Tucker doesn't do a cab forward configuration on that same chassis, like the other modern snowcats. Then you would have a large deck on the back or your passenger cab. Thanks for the pictures though it looks great!

Jeffsno27

To reply to Mother Tucker, the price of the rollers will be aprox 45$ and under depending on quantity. If you give me the qty. you are looking for I will put the order in. Once we get everything set up anybody can just call Justin Edwards in the parts department and order them.

Parts & Service
Justin Edwards
541-779-3731

Jeffsno27

Antarctic 1957 and 2017!

We got the old girl out for a photo shoot! Rock and Roll has a little sexier lines but you can't beat the comfort of the 2017 machine!

111 1957-2017.jpg

111 1957-2017 interior.jpg

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
WOW, seeing it next to Rock-n-Roll puts a whole new perspective to size! I thought R-N-R was big (it is compared to my Snow-Trac)

CT

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Antarctic 1957 and 2017!

We got the old girl out for a photo shoot! Rock and Roll has a little sexier lines but you can't beat the comfort of the 2017 machine!

View attachment 86242

One of these machines crossed Antarctica, will the other one try to do the same? Good luck!

Attachments

• Rock n Roll in crevasse 3.jpg
    Rock n Roll in crevasse 3.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 485

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
new one looks nice!
but in 50 years will it still be able to be rebuilt?
simple is sometime better
but what do I know I just chase this stuff all around the world......

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
"NICE" !!!!!I remember when Tucker brought a brand new one with a 327 in it to waterville valley for a demo!!!:biggrin: those dual exhausts really sounded nice when it headed up the mountain!! Don