• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I shoulda bought this Bob!

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Instead of my snowblower, I should have bought this!

Attachments

• IMG_2314.JPG
    IMG_2314.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_2315.JPG
    IMG_2315.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_2316.JPG
    IMG_2316.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 420

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
A few more....

Attachments

• IMG_2317.JPG
    IMG_2317.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_2318.JPG
    IMG_2318.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_2319.JPG
    IMG_2319.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 418

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
An SW48 NICE plow on that :D

Gonna be lonely in there, though....

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You Know ,........ That is a great idea !:thumb: Bob, you should get one !!! You could use it to make rows to plant your corn !:moon: :moon: :yum: :yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dave, I'm sure that would have busted out the drifts you get in your driveway! I see those for sale all the time, its called a sidewalk plow. There was a guy on Ebay a while back who had 11 of them for sale, I think 8 of them were in running condition. There were an older model but performed the same task. I don't know what the auction ended up at, but I think the price for all 11 of them was under $4000 when I saw it, and the "reserve" had been met at that point!

Here is another -older- version of the same thing, but this guy is crazy with his value. He has a reserve set at $3500 and claims to see them selling for $8000. I don't think I've ever seen one sell for as high as $3500, and that was with the plow front! This guy painted his up and lost the plow and is asking too much, these are far from rare!

That type of money for an old unit that seats 1 person and is not designed for off road use is sort of crazy.

Honestly, if anyone is looking for a really nice small snowcat that will also drive on grass, take a look at Lyndon's Tucker Sno Kitten. That would be a steal at anything under the buy-it-now price and it is not overpriced at that price. Tuckers like that are very rare and there is actually a Tucker collectors group. The classic Tuckers are very capable, collectable and have a certain charm too.

Link Ebay Auction

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Vehicle Description [/FONT]
1967 BOMBARDIER,POWERED BY A 170 CI FORD 6 CYL,WITH C4 AUTO TRANS.HAS NEW TRACKS,RUNS PERFECT!! WILL DRIVE ANYWHERE. PERFECT FOR MAKING TRAILS,GROOMING TRAILS,RETRIEVING BROKEN SLEDS,OR JUST YARD WORK.ALSO HAS 5 FOOT PLOW.WAS USED BY LOCAL TOWN TO PLOW SIDEWALKS FOR MANY YEARS. RESERVE IS SET AT 3,500.00 I HAVE SEEN THESE SELL FOR 8,000.00.THIS HAS MANY USES,WILL SHIP WORLD WIDE,but you must arrange shipping.

Attachments

• 4a_12.JPG
    4a_12.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 349
  • 7a_12.JPG
    7a_12.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 343
  • a4_12.JPG
    a4_12.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 344

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Yea I agree this guy has been smoking a little to much CRACK! I do like that Sno Kitten though. That is one nice unit.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
SWD Sidewalk Snow Plows are a derrivation of the J5 Muskeg tractor. They originally had Chrysler industrial Flat Head 6 engines. About the only other machine to compete with this for the sidewalk snow plow business was Oliver, who made a special narrow Cletrac crawler. Every Town along the US / Canada bourder has these. They are very impressive to see in operation. A town will usually have one of these machines for every 200 miles of sidewalk. that's the rule of thumb anyway. My home town in Mass had 2. Nearby in a larger town that had quite a fleet (Worcester, pronounced WOO-Stir, not Wor-Ches-ter). Buffalo NY and Areas in the 'Snow Belt' are subject to lake effect snows have entire fleets. Later models had Ford 6's. One of these can Knife it's way thru an 8 foot snow bank on a road with ease. I'm talking about the kind of snow bank that has layers of ice and road spray that would total your car if you ran into it. It was fairly common to see fenders clipped off cars and bicycles and Trikes , Cut IN Two by these little machines. They were prone to tipping over when they hit curbs so most towns put CB's in and the operator would call in an say" come get me I'm at the corner of Maple and Vine" and they would tip him back up and send him on his way with little or no damage. Fast, Heavy! Good for driveways. They have 36 gear planitary differentials. Every gear is represented 6 times! Tough stuff. The wider track version can be seen at Bill Guthrie's web site,at snotrans. The J5 Muskeg tractor. Factory colors were red for the J5's some years, yellow other years. The SWD was usually yellow from the factory.