• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Met with Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds about some Tea Party and Veteran issues, then 3 miles on the treadmill at the Planet Fitness, then lunch with some buddies, then ran errands and now home. Maybe go to the bar later.

View attachment 97565

Congrats, sir! 3 miles on a treadmill is some brutal shit right there. There is an old saying that if one only had an hour to live, how would they spend it? On a treadmill, of course. One hour on a treadmill feels like a lifetime. :yum:

Good job.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Changing a tire on the Nissan pick up... must have picked up a nail? Can't find it. Tire is still on the truck, fortunately in the garage where its not getting snow or sleet so at least I have a dry place to work, and plenty of room around this tire. Any of the other 3 and I'd be cussing a lot.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The whole house smells like a boiled dinner!! Started the briskets at 5:30. Will add the vegetables shortly except for the cabbage.

Guests will start coming in around 1:00 and hope to eat between 2 & 3.

One of the guests always brings their awesome homemade spicy maple mustard for the corned beef. I keep the leftover mustard. :yum:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Congrats, sir! 3 miles on a treadmill is some brutal shit right there. There is an old saying that if one only had an hour to live, how would they spend it? On a treadmill, of course. One hour on a treadmill feels like a lifetime. :yum:

Good job.

Thanks. I do 3 miles at least 5 times a week. Among other things, it really helps keep my blood pressure down....and besides, there are a lot of pretty ladies at Planet Fitness to look at while I'm on the treadmill. :thumbup:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Good job Lenny!
:thumbup:

Crazy busy day since this morning!
Hellllp! Lol

Thanks. My neighbor goes with me every day. It's a mutual encouragement. He's in his early 70's too.

Looking forward to corn beef and the bar later.

I have a date with a lady who lives in the same neighborhood. We friended each other on Facebook. We went out together on Wednesday too. We'll see.

I hope your day goes well.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got things going for dinner.
Was going to do Colcannon, but decided to be a traditional Irish American lass.
Braised it, seasoned, add vegs and let it go.
:thumbup:

Attachments

• 20180317_134340-614x614.jpg
    20180317_134340-614x614.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20180317_134611-614x614.jpg
    20180317_134611-614x614.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20180317_135737-614x614.jpg
    20180317_135737-614x614.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20180317_135838-614x614.jpg
    20180317_135838-614x614.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 42

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. My neighbor goes with me every day. It's a mutual encouragement. He's in his early 70's too.

Looking forward to corn beef and the bar later.

I have a date with a lady who lives in the same neighborhood. We friended each other on Facebook. We went out together on Wednesday too. We'll see.

I hope your day goes well.

So far so good :yum:
Have a wonderful time, Lenny.:wink:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I did a Corned top round in the oven with celery carrots and red potatoes. Instead of cabbage I served crisped sour kraut. And fresh steamed, buttered asparagus. All with home made Yeasty bread buns and Sam Adams beer.

Whilst it was baking in the oven, I plowed a hole ten feet long thru the attic insulation and installed a vent fan in the new master bathroom. I'll route the exhaust thru the gable when we complete the roof alterations in April. When done we will have a master "powder room" without a shower or tub.

Next month we will begin our fight with the county to add a 6X8 foot bump out so we can install a real soaker/whirlpool tub.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
9:20 pm and all is wellll!
The girls are tucked in bed..Ali went to her night out with friends, Ty is going to be late getting home tonight.

I've got dinner put back for him.
Elaina loved her little plate of corned beef and cabbage!
Whenever she wanted another bite she'd say "feef" for beef. :smile:

I'm watching shows on PBS of course about travel in Ireland and it's history.
No green beer for me.
Heck, I haven't had anything close..not even my beloved Hornsby cider since Thanksgiving. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
9:31 and the kiddos are mostly all asleep except for the oldest.

Had a wicked ptsd related migraine headache all day. I did go to men's breakfast at the church this morning. One of our newer parishioners gave a talk on his hometown in Sierra Leone Africa that experienced a bad mudslide last year that damaged a bridge going from the main town to access a church and school. We raised $1300 of the estimated $5000 repair bill a couple months ago to help out. Now we're going to try and raise the remaining amount to repair the bridge.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Today is “wait for it to get above the freezing mark ,so that I can wash the road mung off the Tundra day “... Did the Pet Dragon’s Pilot yesterday . Wildly anticipating the arrival of Monday ,as it will be “ take the one season tires off the Pilot ,change the brake pads ,and put on the three season tires day “! Life is good !

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I’m sure it will be noticed , and appreciated in his next gratuity check !!

I heard the pay is great!
:yum:

Geez I was up late last night waiting for Ty and Ali to get home.
He was at the shop finishing up an alignment, she decided the band she'd gone to see with her friends sucked then went to the shop to hang out with Ty.
So they both came rolling in at 1am.
Good thing they have an instant babysitter, huh?

I should go to church, but once again won't today.
Was just outside and saw a little fat bird sitting in a branch thinking it was a blue jay.
Upon closer inspection realized it was a kingfisher!
They're adorable!

Only thing planned today is grilling kebabs for supper and taking a birding walk along the dam.
I'd like to get some pictures!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Up at 4am with severe back pain. Moved to the chair by 5am. Fell asleep at 6:30am. Up again at 7am to let the dogs out. Skipped church this morning due to a splitting migraine and severe back pain accompanied by a bad crps flare up in my left foot. Pretty bad when I can fall asleep at night despite my leg and back burning. That's all thanks to good meds.

No plans today for anything other than nursing this migraine. The lovely missus still took the kids to church this morning to give me a break. Last day of march break with 6 kids in the house.

Tomorrow afternoon we welcome another child into our home. A 5 year old girl who is the youngest of 4 siblings. Her brother already lives with us and we've had her for the night once this winter when the roads were bad due to a storm preventing her from getting to her foster home 30 miles away.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Busy today!
Between Ty running out for tows, me going to the dam and taking pics, then racing back to grill....:yum:
When I say it's never boring here, believe me.
Here's dinnah....

Attachments

• 20180318_170638-614x614.jpg
    20180318_170638-614x614.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 20180318_170643-614x614.jpg
    20180318_170643-614x614.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 20180318_173613-614x614.jpg
    20180318_173613-614x614.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 73

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
well,-- my hair so needs to get a shave on its' side, & my other side needs a trim-- i've kinda got that look that half of pgh has-- 'cept i've made my Aubrey-look- it's my look, & i've gotta stay ahead of trends-- yet stay w/ 'em-- gets to be overwhelming-- follow & keep w/ a trend, yet beat that trend, simultaneously--

polishing off half a bottle of vino-- if that-- not too appealing tonite--
then me, my comforter, my babs to purr & make bread-- I.D. channel-- that channel gives me nightmares tho it's tht, 'er night terrors via kimmy gibbler/danny tanner, & family/others, so -- i'll hear half via my dream, then have my dream, & then wake & say to myself, 'dammit, gotta change channels'-- then i'll take a sedative-- & mute my television-- then i'll dream well, usually--

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Today is “ Brake and swap tires and rims day “ for the Pilot .
Then , it’s what ever projects that might radomly occur to either myself ,or my BIL .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Was up half the night with the youngest grandie, Elaina.
Ali and I took turns.
She's cutting her molars and running temps.
During the day she's fine, it's just at night.
After 2 cups of coffee, I feel alive again lol

Ty put surround sound speakers in for the tv and stereo system late last night.
Prior to that he installed shelves in the basement, and unclogged the garbage disposal. How a plastic straw got in there is anyone's guess.
He's always on the go and busy.

Don't know what today is going to bring.
The weather is nice!
We're all happy.
Life is good.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to pain management this afternoon for the weekly seminar. Got out early in time to come home before our latest addition was dropped off. We now have 7....that's right....I said 7 kids living at home. I tell everyone that after 3-4 kids it's just another plate at the table. I figure since I'm now a stay at home dad I might as well do it in style.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Finished the electrical in the new bathroom. Gosh that is tedious work. Everything is too small and nothing goes together like it should. Those guys do not get appreciated enough.

Flipped the main breaker to on and ,,,,' drUm roll PLEASE,,,,,NO SPARKS, NO BLUE SMOKE, NO OZONE:unsure: AND EVERYTHING WORKS.
:clap::clap::clap:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like another busy day in store.
Kid stuff, me stuff.
Sometimes I miss being alone.
Wait, did I just say that??

Last edited:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
...and I just noticed that Jim Slagle is now an admin :yum:

Yup, indirectly because of me. I locked myself out of my account here a few days ago and woke up Doc in the middle of the night to fix it. He got real sick of that in a hurry. :th_lmao::yum::yum::th_lmao:

Now Jim is the go to guy.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, indirectly because of me. I locked myself out of my account here a few days ago and woke up Doc in the middle of the night to fix it. He got real sick of that in a hurry. :th_lmao::yum::yum::th_lmao:

Now Jim is the go to guy.
I changed my email address a week or so ago.
Couldn't log back in and was like what the heck!!!????
Jim is always around to lend a helping hand when Doc is out of the ummm office? Lol

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like another busy day in store.
Kid stuff, me stuff.
Sometimes I miss being alone.
Wait, did I just say that??
I feel your pain Lollie. Cathy goes to Connecticut four or five times a year. Gone for three weeks and I'm glad to see her back. :smilelove: But,,,,,,:unsure:

I do enjoy those alone times when I can let things go a little and just enjoy an evening alone.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I do enjoy those alone times when I can let things go a little and just enjoy an evening alone.
That's when I jump in the car and take off for a while, or run down the hill and across the road for a sanity walk :yum:
I'll be going back to work soon and back in a me element instead of Nana/housekeeper Lollie on the spot.
Don't get me wrong, I love being here.
It's just that Ali needs a push when it comes to proper mothering and all that entails now and again. Something I realized months ago.
:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.