• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

RACE CAR = New Advertising 'tool' for my "Pit Stop" stores

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Figured that I would get involved in something fun on the weekends other than guns . . . and its a tax deduction too :thumb:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 268
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 266
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 263

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sweet!

Does it just say "Pit Stop" or does it continue with "Smoke Shop"?

Just wondering if/how easily it'll be identified with your stores.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just says Pit Stop.

I'm considering expanding the store concept to convenience stores, that was always in the back of my mind.

As for how they will identify it to the stores . . . hmmm. . . not sure if that is the real reason for the car :whistling: But underlying motives aside, I'll do my best to convince my wife that the consumers will get the connection :rolf2:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, back this train up...

It's your car? I just assumed you were a partial sponsor

Who drives it?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Why would I sponsor something that I couldn't drive? I thought you knew me better than that!!! This is a new toy, my neighbor is teaching me to race. Now that I'm retired I have to do something with my spare time. There will be multiple drivers, I'm not a glory hog.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know you're going to open a new thread and tell us all more about this new venture of yours.

Tell us about the car, what it's like to drive, how long to go from the garage to the mailbox and back in it...

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kewl. You'll have lots to deduct from taxes with that hobby. :D

What kind of track will you race on?
What type of engine does it have?
How fast will it go?

Sure looks like fun. I hope we'll see some action shots.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No clue how fast it will 'actually' go. It qualifies as a vintage racer under the rules. I honestly have no intention of going out and racing for real. My car partner is an eye doctor and he will do most of the driving. My neighbor is the team coach/instructor and has been racing SCCA in various classes for 20 years. My real use of the car will be to park it out front for 'grand opening' events, special events, etc at the stores. It is really cool.

I emailed a photo to the lovely Mrs_B and immediately got a phone call . . . WTF did you do now!?!?! :bangin:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I was actually thinking about opening a small resort on a lake and using those big freakin overseas cargo carriers they sell for a $1000 each for the cabins! A few alterations on them and they would be great!
Now I just have to wait a couple of years to save money with my new job, find some land.... containers.... welding torch.... and BAM!!!! Resort! Then just advertise the crap out of it and deduct the expense!!! Annnnnnd once I pay off the local permit guys and get those containers turned into cottages, I will have major equity which FARRRRR outweighs the cost of the whole thing!!!!! :biggrin:

Pretty soon..... we all will have a fishin', boating hole for FF!!!!!
What do you folks thing???