• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Who makes a Midsized Diesel Vehilce?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Are there any diesel vehicles available here in the US that would fall into the category of a 'midsize' vehicle? Didn't Jeep consider offering the Jeep Liberty with a small diesel engine?

Does Mercedes offer a 5 passenger diesel that is not large or in the uber-luxury class?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mercedes has their E320 sedan in diesel.
Gets about 35MPG.
It has a 3.0L V6 that puts out around 200 hp.
I think it's priced at about $50K

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Jeep Grand Cherokee with the same 3.0 L V-6. Sticker says 24/22 mpg, pretty disappointing. $45K.

The Liberty Diesel (CRD) lasted 2005 and 2006. Then your friends in the government killed it with stupid EPA laws. (Along with every other diesel produced today!)

You're kinda SOL right now for a "light" diesel. VW didn't even make the cut for 2007. They'll be back for 2008 model year I hear.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Pricey, but check out the new Benz ML350 CDI. Does not sound like a diesel when running. Holds 5 comfortably in a small SUV. Has room behind the rear seat for plenty of "stuff". Can also get it with two very uncomfortable jump seats that fold up to the side of the area.

I had a 98 ML, and I can honestly say it is safe vehicle. Totaled mine when a semi blew by me in a windy snow storm and blew me off the road. I did not get a bruise, or any pains at all.

I was going to buy another ML, but fell in love with a E430 Sport. So that's what I bought.