• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's the thing. Dealers here are swamped. All of them. Ford dodge GMC. Toyota. Nissan. They're all swamped being basically the only dealers with service departments 8 hours in either direction. They all have the same problem. I dropped the truck off two days ago. They finally found time yesterday to look at it. They ordered the starter as none of the dealers keep inventory in stock anymore. It arrived this morning but when you have 2 mechanics at the dealership who are "qualified" to change the starter (apparently they need special training) things take longer.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This is what I'm doing. Well deserved. The lovely missus is home with the older kids. I have two girls here till Sunday.
682606dd117a580e91f7ddb0b4d7a8bf.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

rugerman

Drove my truck to get a haircut, first time that I have driven since December, it sure was tough getting myself up into my F250 4x4 , had to step up and get both feet on my step bar, much easier getting out. Then the guy that cuts my hair has. Set of stairs 3.5 steps, I made it but was real tired . Got to talk to a real person, not a doctor, or a nurse (now my wife is real person who I get to talk to every day) . Found out that my hair cutter has cancer (one doctor gives him 6 months, another a year) he is also a kidney failure person, got a transplant about 6 or 8 years ago so the anti rejection drugs make treating the cancer harder, he has been cutting my hair for around 30 years, sure hope that he overcomes this hurtle.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Backing my pickup into the driveway turnaround yesterday I hear a slight clunk coming from the right front wheel as I turn. I thought I heard it a few days ago but the radio was on and wasn't sure. This time, yep, gotta be the lower ball joint. This will be the second go around with those little bastards. :yum: Just so happens I am on my way to get the truck inspected so I wussed out, dug deep and just paid the mechanic to do it. He had it done in an hour and charged me 50 bucks labor plus the part. I bought a Moog ball joint so a little extra on the part but worth it. Truck passed and a new sticker on the windshield.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Building the plywood road from the site where the wood carver cut the three owls into the old dead Oak tree. It is currently on a pallet jack . About 32 feet up a slight grade to it's final resting place.
Father's day is a beer party with the neighbors who promised to help with the move.

rugerman

Let me clear something up, at dialysis today they had problems with my catheter, not my father, bit in the butt again by auto correct. Now how in hell do you get father from catheter?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Did as little as possible today. I lit this at 730 am and kept it going all day. Helped a friend launch his pontoon boat. Drove the side by side around a bit. Had a few beer. Might have a few more this evening. It's a rough life. Someone has to do it.
282724aefc7f354ed6bc4849684e6ad1.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Did as little as possible today. I lit this at 730 am and kept it going all day. Helped a friend launch his pontoon boat. Drove the side by side around a bit. Had a few beer. Might have a few more this evening. It's a rough life. Someone has to do it.
282724aefc7f354ed6bc4849684e6ad1.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

I hear ya. Sunday I have two burly guys coming over to help with the Owl tree move. Two cases of beer in the fridge. Sam Adams and Modelo Negra.
The Tree owls weigh about 700 lbs of standing oak 10 feet high.:unsure:

I'm thinking it'll be tough. After all that's a whooping eight beers each. We can do this!!!!:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a day of rain and more rain.
Talked to my brother for a while remembering Dad. We laughed and cried both, but mostly laughed.
Son Jeff informed me that a former sister in law passed away, his Father's oldest sister.
I'll have to make time to get to the funeral home for visitation next week.
Back to work again tonight.
I've a bag of Hershey's kisses to slip to some of my wandering gentlemen for Father's day.
They might even get a kiss on the forehead from me too.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Grabbed a load of crap, yes crap that we don't need but keep hanging onto from the garage at the old place. Seriously, like while do I still need to hang on to my old school baseball cap from grade school? Just one of many items I've moved from place to place and never once looked at again.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You may want it one day for sentimental reasons, Brian.

Who can sleep around here?
Those little LOUD Global street sweepers?
Don't know why they're even bothering.
It's going to rain anyway.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's what I keep telling myself every time I move and rediscover things I hadn't seen in years. Lmao.

Got a trailer load over and emptied into a nice pile in the garage where I may or may not get to in 6 months. Then I loaded it with garbage for a dump run tomorrow.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
When the missus and I discussed our plans for today it looked like a lazy day for a change. I was wrong. Right from the start it was crazy. Up at 7. Drove all 6 kids in to 3 different schools and hit the gym for 9. At 10 I headed to home depot for lumber to build a workbench in the garage. While there, I picked up a new toilet for our ensuite. I made a couple of stops and headed home by 1 where I got to work building the work bench. My parents have been here for a week now doing work to help out. We finished that by 5. After a quick supper I headed to town to pick up a treadmill we bought for our home gym. An hour later I was back home where friends stopped by for a visit.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got the funeral visitation this evening for Sharon.
I'm dreading going, but it's the right thing to do.
Oh and it's raining again.
Surprise!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday wasn't all bad.
In fact it was nice to be around many people whom I once called family for a very long time.
A bunch of us went to Cracker Barrel after for a late dinner.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Monday went to the doctor.
Tuesday stayed in bed.
Wednesday was Jury Duty all day.
Thursday went to the doctor at 7am, then went to Jury Duty all day.
Today I am resting.

I have some sort of head crud. Have had it for 2 weeks.

I actually feel a little better. They gave me a big dose of Prednisone yesterday to jump start my body. Actually they gave me a 3 day dose. So I may have a bit of drug induced energy from the steroid.

No rain until this evening so IF I have the energy later I may go out and mow some of the lawn on the tractor. Not certain of that. Not going to push myself either.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Take it easy if you're feeling down. I'm guilty of overdoing it and pushing myself beyond my threshold to the point of total exhaustion.

Another busy day for me. Gym from 9 to 10. Went to get some cheap gas on the rez. Now at physio then pick up some ant repellent and head home. Our new place has a good sandy gravel base for the whole yard which is good for drainage but terrible for ants. Any suggestions? The whole yard around the house is one huge ant hill. The little buggers have found an opening in the basement and keep coming in to our sons room.

This afternoon I want to swap out the toilets in our ensuite. Then finish packing for a scout camp this weekend. Our final event until August when a group from the UK is coming over for 10 days. Our end of the year barbecue is on Monday. We head out to the camp this evening.

My gym classes twice a week are finally starting to pay off. I'm not one to get on a scale regularly but around Christmas I was pushing 265. For fun I checked today and I'm down to 243. Country living has been good for me.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have some energy but I'm feeling a bit dizzy/light headed and don't want to drive. I'd like to drop off the dry cleaning and stop at the UPS store but really don't need to run my car into a ditch on the way! Probably shouldn't take the tractor and mow around the trees and flower beds either. At least not until the feeling calms down a bit.

I'm guessing its the Prednisone? Doctor warned me there were lots of strange side effects. I've had the drug before, but always in much lower doses.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Was out running errands. Nice sunny and warm day. Somewhat humid. Weatherman said rain would come mid-to-late afternoon. Left the veterinary clinic with some meds at 12:30pm to head directly home. Sky to the west was getting dark but I thought the rain was still an hour or more away.

I was wrong.

Turned off the 4 lane a few minutes later onto the back roads. And then the buckets of rain started falling from the heavens. 5 minutes of downpour and I was at the garage door to my house. Wet. Very wet. I was wearing mesh gear. My waterproof riding gear was comfortably hanging in the closet inside.

Damn weatherman.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Was out running errands. Nice sunny and warm day. Somewhat humid. Weatherman said rain would come mid-to-late afternoon. Left the veterinary clinic with some meds at 12:30pm to head directly home. Sky to the west was getting dark but I thought the rain was still an hour or more away.

I was wrong.

Turned off the 4 lane a few minutes later onto the back roads. And then the buckets of rain started falling from the heavens. 5 minutes of downpour and I was at the garage door to my house. Wet. Very wet. I was wearing mesh gear. My waterproof riding gear was comfortably hanging in the closet inside.

Damn weatherman.

Clear here for two days! :th_lmao:

Attachments

• C92ACFCF-9A34-4ED7-868D-95ED2D87F1CA.jpeg
    C92ACFCF-9A34-4ED7-868D-95ED2D87F1CA.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 66

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Not here in Missouri.

Yesterday was heavy rain until about 3:00.

The rains came back last nite and again this morning.

We haven't see the sun yet today and it is 2:00 PM. The massive storms that hit SW Missouri this morning ( 5" in three hours) are now here.

My fence lumber is soaking all this up in piles around the back yard. I can't plant grass seed in the new garden paths as it will wash away,,,,AGAIN! The existing lawn is high enough to bale. I'd go sailing but my boat is 100 yards from shore and I need a boat to get to it.

Soooooooo, I'm doing some chemistry work. Watching dumb TV whilst processing beer into urine. A yeoman's effort, but someone has to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.