• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trump' comments about the NFL

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think President Trump was wrong to blast the NFL players for protesting. I think President Trump was wrong to tell the NFL owners to fire players who protest. He is a political official, those people are in private businesses. I think its wrong for government officials of the nation to inject themselves into the private businesses when no laws are broken.

I also think a majority of fans and non-fans hold the same beliefs at President Trump. I also happen to agree with President Trump's position, I would fire them if they worked for me. I would not support these players if I played on the field with them.

That said, my opinion can be summed up with the graphic below.

Attachments

• 21764798_1428085077241131_821704378446888891_n.jpg
    21764798_1428085077241131_821704378446888891_n.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 167

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Meh, gotta take it for what it is worth. He was down in good old boy country where there are a lot of believers in this country. Pandering to his base. The left are running around like their hair is on fire over this. Tough shit. Let's see how they like it now. This is their turn.

Remember the day, Obama was in SF pandering to his base of hermaphrodites and transvestites about how the rest of us cling to our guns and bibles and what despicable creatures we all are? That fired us up and actually created a cottage industry of t-shirts and the like. Of course, then the media, except for FNC, ignored those comments unlike this time around.

What goes around comes around. Things have come around. Screw anybody who kneels for our anthem. They may have a right to do so, but they are still assholes and I despise each and every one of them.

Last edited:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I agree with Bob. Trump's comments were on par with Obama's "The Harvard police acted stupidly" or "If I had a son, he'd be like Trayvon" comments. Not very Presidential.

OTOH, these players are a bunch of babies. Do your protesting on your own time. If I protested on work time, at minimum, my paycheck would be a little lighter. The owners could stop this nonsense if they wanted to.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I also agree Trump should have stayed out of it. Now Stevie Wonder took two knees on stage. Labron is jumping on the knee band wagon. The more publicity this gets the more get on it for either attention or they believe it can make a difference somehow.

I totally agree with Trump ....but prefer Bob's suggestion. Avoid the NFL, go shooting.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't watch any pro sports and I'm damned sure not going to watch a bunch of dumbasses who are rich beyond their dreams and in costumes, not uniforms, performing on a stage and being paid through ticket sales and viewership by ordinary folks including veterans who fought for the flag these performers(actors) are disrespecting. If they have a political statement to make, do it off the field(stage?). I just saw on the news the entire NFL team playing in England took a knee during the national anthem then stood for God Save The Queen. Where's this going?? IMO this is a gross display of PC run amok!!
Trump could have used a little softer language in his Alabama speech regarding the NFL players but he's right.
Mike

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I just think that it's amazing that black guys in the NFL are protesting how bad the black people are being treated. They sure aren't they are making millions.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I also agree Trump should have stayed out of it. Now Stevie Wonder took two knees on stage. Labron is jumping on the knee band wagon. The more publicity this gets the more get on it for either attention or they believe it can make a difference somehow.

I totally agree with Trump ....but prefer Bob's suggestion. Avoid the NFL, go shooting.

All rich blacks that have been harmed by all this racism and inequality.
They do not have a right to bring politics into sports where people go to escape politics.And reality.
And another thing, we've had a black president. How does a black get to be president with all this rampant racism?
Free speech, Trump used it, saying what everyone wants to say but is afraid of being labeled racist.
Just sick of it.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I used to watch the NFL to escape all the politics on TV - oh well - wonder how long until college football is ruined.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I used to watch the NFL to escape all the politics on TV - oh well - wonder how long until college football is ruined.

Give the left enough time and they will ruin everything they touch. It is what they do.

For me, the best escape from all the bullshit on TV is to shut that friggin thing off and go do some work outside. If you own property, there is always something that needs doing. Good for the mind and soul. :smile:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't watch any pro sports and I'm damned sure not going to watch a bunch of dumbasses who are rich beyond their dreams and in costumes, not uniforms, performing on a stage and being paid through ticket sales and viewership by ordinary folks including veterans who fought for the flag these performers(actors) are disrespecting. If they have a political statement to make, do it off the field(stage?). I just saw on the news the entire NFL team playing in England took a knee during the national anthem then stood for God Save The Queen. Where's this going?? IMO this is a gross display of PC run amok!!
Trump could have used a little softer language in his Alabama speech regarding the NFL players but he's right.
Mike

I'm not a fan of soft language, mostly because I do not give a shit what people think. However, I understand you point, Mike. :biggrin:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Give the left enough time and they will ruin everything they touch. It is what they do.

For me, the best escape from all the bullshit on TV is to shut that friggin thing off and go do some work outside. If you own property, there is always something that needs doing. Good for the mind and soul. :smile:

In the PNW we get these really long wet winters. As I get older it's getting harder to want to go outside when the weather sucks. I guess I'll have lots of time for inside remodeling projects this year. :wink:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I am very disappointed with the President's comments on the HFL and the flag. I cannot very well condemn President Obama for his harmful and divisive interjections into race ( "If I had a son he would be like Travon", or "the Cambridge police acted stupidly") and accept a President getting involved with race baiting in the NFL.

To my mind, they are the same act and not good for the general discourse or the nation. Today's events by members of the NFL and NF:L fans in general bear that out.

Perhaps he should worry about North Korea, Iran and Afghanistan than overpaid, spoiled, sports entertainers looking for 15 seconds of fame.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not a fan of soft language, mostly because I do not give a shit what people think. However, I understand you point, Mike. :biggrin:

I too can get to using some really bad language, but when I was growing up and felt the need to use some colorful vocabulary my dad told me there's a time and a place to cuss and the sooner you learn those two the better off you'll be. I've worked hard to remember his words.
Mike

ravcosales

I don't know about you guys, but I don't look to NFL players to inform me on anything. From politics to philosophy to lawn care, I just look to them to play their best. When did actors, athletes, and musicians become political pundits?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't know about you guys, but I don't look to NFL players to inform me on anything. From politics to philosophy to lawn care, I just look to them to play their best. When did actors, athletes, and musicians become political pundits?

When they discovered the left wing media will give them 1000% more air time then they deserve.

Bottom Line: real heroes wear their names on the front of their uniforms

Amen brother. True story.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Good question.
Best of the day.
My Answer...;
When our educational system turned more than half the nation into useful idiots.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
I quit watching PRO baseball after the strike, the NFL is getting pretty close too.

I watched the pregame last night, and after the political demonstration during the National Anthem, I changed the channel.

Just like baseball, I will NEVER watch another pro football game or buy any NFL logo-ed item.

Bottom line: I don't need the drama from the NFL snowflakes.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Just why in hell are these players doing what they are doing? What is their beef exactly? They obviously have a hair across their ass, what is it?

It must be a big deal to them, because most Americans see them as a bunch of butt hurt cry baby ass wipes. So to accept that label and make yourself out to be a damn fool on live national TV, it must be important.

It seems now the QB for the Steelers is now having second thoughts about blowing off the National Anthem and disrespecting our country. Tough shit, moron. You made your choice, now live with it. The hay is in the barn, buckwheat.

https://worldpoliticus.com/2017/09/...ck-releases-unexpected-announcement-protests/