• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thumb for backhoe ?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I have a Case 580K with the Extendahoe. It has an extra hydraulic line run out towards the bucket.I would love to have a thumb but can't figure out how it's going to attach with the extndahoe sleeve going all the way out .

Anyone know or have a picture ?

Thanks

The Dumb Blonde

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
pixie said:
The Dumb Blonde

I can't help you with the thumb ....
but your sig should read more like

"The blonde with some cool equiptment."

seem more appropriate to me. :whistle:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks, Doc :D

I do enjoy toys...errr...tools....uummmm....equipment....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
pixie said:
I have a Case 580K with the Extendahoe. It has an extra hydraulic line run out towards the bucket.I would love to have a thumb but can't figure out how it's going to attach with the extndahoe sleeve going all the way out .

Anyone know or have a picture ?
For some reason, I thought Dargo owned a Case 580, but I didn't see him on line earlier this evening. He may be able to help.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I did own a Case 580, but it was not an extendahoe nor a thumb. It was a very nice piece of equipment and I still wish I would have kept it now, but isn't that the way it always goes? :eek: I still watch the paper here every weekend to see if I can find "that deal" on another low hour machine that has just sat in some farmer's barn forever and he just wants it gone.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I actually don't recall seeing any 580's with a thumb off hand. I'm sure there are some, but since I haven't seen any, I have no idea how they are setup. Sorry.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd forgotten that after I sold my 580, I'd bought a Ford 555D to finish building my pool, pool house and do the landscaping around that area. I only had it for about 2 months. I was able to use it for two months and make $500 on it after I was finished. Even so, I still wish I wouldn't have jumped so fast at selling it. :eek:

Good luck on your thumb project!

Attachments

• DSC00023.JPG
    DSC00023.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 489

dseymour

You need two hydraulic lines going out to the end to operate a hydraulic thumb. Your backhoe may have had a hammer on it at one time, which needs two lines to operate. I have a Komatsu PC 90 track hoe with a manual thumb on it and it works great. I purchased my thumb from attachment sales.com about three years ago. They have many different kinds of thumbs and can recommend one for you.

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
bczoom said:
I would try these guys.

USA Attachments

I just bought from here and I'm extremely happy with the product & service. Very heavy duty, I'm also kinda old fashioned and like the "Made in USA".

Attachments

• thumb01 (Medium).jpg
    thumb01 (Medium).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 482

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Roadking, Joan is looking for a way to use a thumb on an extend-a-hoe. Does the company you bought from offer a version that will work for her?

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Roadking, Joan is looking for a way to use a thumb on an extend-a-hoe. Does the company you bought from offer a version that will work for her?

They have alot of thumbs available for all size machines. As far as a specialty setup I would suggest giving them a call. Very nice people to deal with.

This is off of thier website

"Our Excavator Thumb sizes range from the mini to the larger excavators. Our Thumbs are designed and built to endure the most rugged applications. Put a “USA Attachments” thumb on your excavator or backhoe and improve the versatility of your machine. Get in and out of the cab in record time. Our “One Pin Fold System” (not available on some models) allows for quick and easy thumb storage. Custom Thumbs are also available; just give us a call with your requirements."