• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I like this cabin...

rico304

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXaJUS58aQo"]YouTube - Building the Weebee[/ame]

A little small, but cool:punk::hammer:

The Tourist

Banned
Perhaps it isn't that expensive.

In the mid to northern part of Wisconsin we have many people from our bigger cities (and from Illinois) who have 'summer homes.' Do not assume these places are "hunting shacks."

Quite a few of them are more plush with more luxury appointments than the first house my wife and I owned.

Additionally, many retired folks sell off their homes and buy huge rolling RV's that can go for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

In fact, one of my clients has just broken ground on one of those luxury log cabins on about forty acres of land they own. They'll use it for hunting, a vacation 'get away' for their adult sons and their families and perhaps their main resident after both of them formally retire.

To put this in perspective, this cabin is only 6,000 dollars more than my Harley. In fact, I'll bet some of the members here own cars or trucks that cost more than $36K.

Never under-estimate what a guy will spend to go on vacation.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
In the mid to northern part of Wisconsin we have many people from our bigger cities (and from Illinois) who have 'summer homes.' Do not assume these places are "hunting shacks."

Like Who?? And no I'm not a transplanted FIB. :hide: This is my fulltime home.

My point was for $36k you can get a much nicer park home that looks like a cabin or camper-trailer. My neighbor built an ice fishing shack nicer than this home-made, on a car hauler thing.

D

darroll

I hope they don't keep the wheels under it.
If they did wouldn't this be a mobil home?
Great little hunting cabin.

The Tourist

Banned
If you get a chance, go google the area of private homes around our Wisconsin Dells area.

For example, my wife and I took a trip on one of those 'Dells ducks,' and they took us past a three of four story 'home' at the bend of a river that appeared to all of the world as a mansion.

But more to the point, I know several friends who have purchased F-250 and F-350 trucks. With a fully loaded model, some prices are near $70K.

So are Vipers and Vettes.

To be sure, this example is a rolling cabin with plumbing. But isn't a remodel on a common bathroom anywhere from 3 to 5K? Heck, a Weatherby rifle with a Swarovski scope is worth that much.

After all, it's a toy.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
It's cute and they appear to have done a good job on it, but I could buy a much roomier, much plusher purpose built travel trailer for much less money.

rico304

If you search the company you will find they are selling for homes and camps. Some people want no overhead so they live in these. Very nice cabins. (They do make bigger ones) They do tours if you search them on youtube.com
I checked them out for an unbuildable piece of prperty on a lake. Yes, you can get more from buying a trailer, but think that is apples and oranges. These are beautifully done and I would assume the value would go up. Trailers go down considerably in value the same year you buy them. Just look at them side by side and interior finish. Big difference. I think anyway:whistling:

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
The interior finish of some of these campers are very nice. My parents have a 33 foot 5th wheel camper with a slide out, a queen size bed, and oak cabinetry and it was less than $36K. I just think for $36K I could build a nice little lake side cottage.

rico304

"I just think for $36K I could build a nice little lake side cottage. "

No doubt. You could build a very nice cabin. My lot is not buildable though so that is out of the question. I figure I could build one of these for much less than 36K. Actually I'm looking at building a log side cabin on skids. It's still considered mobile, but when it's on the ground it looks like it is supposed to be there. I don't even plan on a bathroom in mine. I work for a city, so money is a factor. hahahaha I plan on buying a porta potty.:clap:
It will basically be a shed on skids with log siding and a finished vmatch pine on the inside. Insulate it, wire it, small electric or gas fireplace and I'm good to go. My wife will like that much better than sleeping in a tent. hahaha I only want a small cabin. Probably around 12x24. All open with a bedroom in the back. Maybe a loft bed for the kids. Should be able to do that for under 8K (finished) Nice patio outside and a solar shower on the back! It will be just like camping at the HILTON! :whistling::w00t2::w00t2:
(or not):rolf2:

and yes, they do make some VERY nice campers and trailers now!

The Tourist

Banned
they do make some VERY nice campers and trailers now!

I'm sure they do, and I'm certain there are many folks who find them comfortable.

I've reached the age where I just don't find it relaxing to sleep on cold wet ground. In fact, being cold and wet is the worst feeling I have.

My point is that I understand the cabin owner's search for comfort while on vacation. I'm taking time off to recharge, not recreate the travels of Lewis and Clark.

Say what you will, but the last time I went to Sturgis, my wife insisted we take our little truck and make the journey part of a larger excursion that also included things for her tastes and interests.

We stayed in a fairly luxurious brand spanking new hotel in Lead, South Dakota. The place even had a gym.

And I wasn't the only one. As we were checking in, three guys pulled into the parking lot. One of them had a white Super Glide with the front jug blown off. While they had already secured the parts, I offered to loan him tools and the Pennzoil I was carrying.

After countless hours of wrenching in a dark parking lot, I'm sure a real bed felt good.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
There are places with much better prices that also have great quality...not the prefab foam-world of trailers with a bunch of log siding nailed on the outside... nice cedar interior, post & beam, etc... I can't find the site right now but I'll look...they have fantastic places for the money...about $40K for a 12'x40' with nice loft space, panoramic windows, etc...
For now, these guys aren't bad and they give you the option of just buying the shell and finishing it all exactly how you want inside....
http://www.spiritcabins.com/Rocky_Mountain_unfinished.aspx

Also, these guys are so leveraging the 'carbon footprint' PR...and they are PR'ish guys... they're pushing the marketing edge big time. Nothing at all wrong with marketing but better products are available at lower prices so they're pushing much higher margins... and of course that means less for you. Yea, they've done a nice bit of work on the interior design but also they're building to the least common denominator...a car trailer, basically. They have other plans, etc. but still they are operating in a sort of small-time space and banging out relatively easy construction at high prices. But, to each his own...

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
on another note... I really hope that I'm seeing this wrong but it seems that the case is that the toilet is actually in the same space as the shower. Uhh... BLAH! NOT! Maybe there's a curtain that slides to at least contain some water or preserve some artificial zoning.

yea, yea, I know... in Europe the zone of 'toilet' and 'shower' are often nearly blended... well, it ain't that in this situation! :doh:

Cute approach...and yes, I would rather have that then not shower, etc... but I'd rather have something with a few more feet so that you can have proper zoned areas.

Attachments

• crappershower.jpg
    crappershower.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 248