• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PEX tubing

fantismo

This post is to let everyone know my problems with PEX plumbing. I have a new construction home built by Standard Pacific and they used PEX. I have had PEX plumbing spring leaks twice in the last 6 years. The PEX tubes split open and sprayed water out thru the dry wall, into my garage, and out the drywall to the outside wall. It has been the same hot water line from the hot water heater both times. I have had copper fittings come off and spring leaks too on other homes so either one is subject to leaking. Standard Pacific was great about repairing the leak and restoring the home, but I would have had copper installed if I knew this was going to happen.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I have CPVC in my house now for a dozen years now with no problems whatsoever. FWIW I have always heard good things about PEX until now.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If you have had problems with real PEX and copper you need a new plumber who uses a quality product. I have installed both Wirsbo and Zurnpex products and never had an issue. They have been is service for 20 years. There have been problems with folks using untrained personnel who did not use care to set the bands properly or seat the barbs before clamping. Using the right pipe for hot water systems is critical also.