• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Airless Paint Sprayer

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tell me what you know ....... ? What I need to watch out for?

Cheryl and I washed the garage and we fixin to put down some oil on the Hemlock with this ........

XT-330-product-page.jpg

Titan XT 330 Airless Sprayer

The XT 330 is for painters who need portability, higher performance, and substantial capacity for monthly spraying in residential and light commercial applications.

Features

QuickFlo Valve
Quick-Check Lit Power Cord
Smart-Move Collapsible Cart
LX-60 Contractor-grade metal spray gun
517 Replaceable reversible spray tip
Upright cart with 5-gallon pail bracket
Contractor-Grade suction tube

Specifications

Max. Delivery .33 GPM
Max. Fluid Pressure 3000 PSI
Max. Tip Size
1 gun - .019" tip
Motor
3/4 HP
DC
High Rider 0516002

................and I ain't never ran one. I went looking for one at Lowe's for Colt's discount but I ended up impulse buying this one. It's a whole lot more featured than the ones at Home Depot and Lowe's for a significantly lower price with extra tips. Both stores carry the brand but not this size.

I put it together last night and read everything from the manual, my confidence blooms ............ :doh:. Everything I've seen shows to spray horizontal but with the bat on the Hemlock I really want to go vertical. Any issues with that? Is rotating the tip all that would be required?

Did I ever say I really don't like to paint .............if you wanna help I'll buy the beer ............ :wink:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I cant help you with that model Dawg but I will add what I do know . When you say oil thats not a good thing to have around anything ussually desighned for painting . I suppose it might be able to be cleaned afterwords in case you wanted to switch to using it for paint but I would be leary in using it on anything you want to be guranteed there is no contamination .

Thats said , it should be no problem turning the nozzle so you can spray verticle thats just not the normalpattern one would spray so I am assuming thats why they specify horizontal spray pattern . Most I have used have a reverable nozzle that if it gets plugged you simply take it off and put it back on in reverse so it will blow out the obstruction and you can continue to paint with it that way untill it plugs again .

They put out a lot of preasure and spray a lot of material so you have to be carefull not to stop why the trigger is pulled and be carefull not to direct it to your skin because it will inject the paint right into you . :wink:

Not sure what type of oil you are talking about but it will also carry a good 10 to 20 feet as far as the overspray so you might watch that as well . I allways used a pumpup sprayer for linseed oil while treating wood but I'm sure this will work as well . Thats bout all I know so good luck , I'm sure others will have some better input for you . :smile:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a Wagner paint crew plus

d422fe81-a24f-490f-984a-5dab1ed63845_300.jpg

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/d4/d422fe81-a24f-490f-984a-5dab1ed63845_300.jpg

off ebay for ~130 delivery included
It sprayed the deck hiding stain (about the thickness of a milkshake) with out any problem

I had a Granger one before that to paint my cabin plywood it just died after 30 years and I got this one

tom

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The Amish neighbor has a similar big one like that he uses to spray rough sawn sheds he builds. I used it with a different tip I bought for it to spray latex paint on my basement walls before we set the house. They will paint in any direction and except for cleanup are pretty bullet proof. He sprays stain and clear sealer all the time, even outside in bad weather. Might want to check on what solvent to use to clean it up with for the oil you are spraying. Of course no smoking, matches or open ignition sources like those gas heaters you have in the garage!!!!! No grilling and drinking either!:whistling:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I looked at that one ........... everyone said it was a PITA to clean ......... :)

I have had both types and it is different to clean but. It isn't any worse than the others other than you have to clean the tank too I left it wet for 3 days per the instructions on how to do it between coats on the deck
I only cleaned it once for that time I used it to paint a room masked every thing done in 20 minuets clean up 20 minuets still quicker than a roller with clean up in my opinion.

tom